Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this weekend was the first time i had my xx out in the wilderness, it was raining like hell and i had to prove the xx could go places where the 4x4s can go :hey:. went through some water about up to the top of the tires and hit some pretty deep puddles at pretty high speeds. anything that needs to be checked?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Check your box. If your box is not stuffed then your good. If it is, rinse and repeat.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By box you mean airbox correct ?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah! that's the main thing that can get water in and cause damages, if you look under the air box on the left side in front of the rear wheel you'll see a plastic tube about 1.5" long with a clamp, remove the tube and if there's any water in the air box, it will drain from there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok Thanks will check that soon

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Also, check your filter if there is water in there, if it is wet, take it off and let it dry out/clean it if it is dirty first/ and then get some filter spray like PJ1 (any foam filter spray will work though). Also, a good idea if you're riding in the wet/ or after washing, blow it off w/ air if you can, so you don't have sitting water, especially around where the spark plug is.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I do this after every ride anyway, but I would be sure to oil your chain.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Anytime I ride in lots of mud or water, I double check almost every component on the bike. Like adjusting the emergency brake, air filter and box, tires, headlights and fluids including topping of the tank. I am a bit over the top but it makes me feel better knowing that the bike is all ready for the next ride. Just start it jump on and go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts