Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! this weekend I took the fuel pump apart and noticed the filter to be dirty, not clog up but just dirty so have ordered a new one, my question is; has anybody installed an inline fuel filter and if so what kind did you use and where did you installed it. Since we do not have that much space to work with I'm looking at this one http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15040/10002/-1# and am thinking about installing it between the fuel pump and the throttle body.

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! I'll go with those one.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any filter in line before the pump would be helpfull of course.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ok! this weekend I took the fuel pump apart and noticed the filter to be dirty, not clog up but just dirty so have ordered a new one, my question is; has anybody installed an inline fuel filter and if so what kind did you use and where did you installed it. Since we do not have that much space to work with I'm looking at this one http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15040/10002/-1# and am thinking about installing it between the fuel pump and the throttle body.
I would think that installing before the fuel pump would be better as after the fuel pump the fuel is under pressure.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would think that installing before the fuel pump would be better as after the fuel pump the fuel is under pressure.
+1

the tank has a screen to block big stuff like cheese burgers...just need a element filter to stop the finer particles. Fuel should be clean after the pump.

Now most cars and other quads have a intank pump...a inline filter dont effect them much.

what would help is to know what the optimal fuel pressure is for our injector.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah! Thinking the same but wouldn't hurt it if you have one installed after the fuel pump, have more room to install one. That's why I was looking at the billet one since it's made for fuel injection system.

Thanks you all for the info

·
Registered
984 Posts
+1

the tank has a screen to block big stuff like cheese burgers...just need a element filter to stop the finer particles. Fuel should be clean after the pump.

Now most cars and other quads have a intank pump...a inline filter dont effect them much.

what would help is to know what the optimal fuel pressure is for our injector.
Sorry Biffman, I shouldn't have left my lunch on top of the tank. I won't let it happen again!:lol:

·
Registered
182 Posts
If your goal is to stop the funk before the fuel pump, I would think it should be installed from the drop hose from the tank to the Pump, if not your loosing the purpose of not having to replace the fuel pump filter as much or to keep that clean so its not so much a pain in the Tukus to change.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got my fuel pump kit and is ready to be reinstall, did install a fuel filter on the inlet side. Will test it out this weekend. Might drain the gas tank and check that filter out since it is apart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts