Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bunch of pics of all the tare down and install of all my mods this weekend.

Tank and plastics off, about to really get into it.

tare down went pretty fast

Valves / head

Valve springs

Rockers

New +3 TB and old stock TB side by side

Lots and lots of parts

all torn down

Piston ring filing fun!

New piston installed

New piston installed. It was a bitch to pop that thing in!

Valve springs

hardest/most painfull part was getting the decompresser off the old cam. lol

Set the new cam in, not fully installed

Valve cover on

Valves adjusted

Engine done

Almost done

new filter

modded air box lid

all done

new stickers on

Custom install of the vapor

·
Registered
455 Posts
Niceeee

·
Registered
258 Posts
you could of skipped all that work and just put the stickers on and it still would of went as fast, jk,

looks nice man, when i first saw the pic of all the parts i thought the twin pipes were for the xx, didnt realise it was for the raptor, what kind of piston and cam went in? you got any dyno numbers yet?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I thought the same thing about the twin mufflers. I got excited, then let down.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i thought SOMEONE FINALLY MADE A BOLT ON EXHUST FOR THE XR650 HEAD, but thats a negative,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice Pictures. I am no longer hesitant to tear mine down. Anything specific to watch our for??
Yeah just make sure when your putting the motor back together at four in the morning that you have the piston valve reliefs on the right side. That way the next morning when your thinking more clearly you don't have to tear the head off again to double check. Ask me how I know. :eek:hno: And knowing ahead of time if your new cam has the decompressor already on is nice. The xx cams have a pressed on cam sprocket mount and we didn't have access to a press over the weekend. So.... we had to get extremely creative with a couple of c-clamps, a 24" crescent wrench, and a big f'n hammer! :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I will make sure I take your advise. Time to tear down and send parts to Alba. Can you elaborate on the cam chain mount? Do you mean the cam sprocket?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah i meant cam sprocket mount. Its pressed on. You have to remove it to get to your decompression mechanism. Be careful not to loose the tiny spring between the cam and decompressor.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you could of skipped all that work and just put the stickers on and it still would of went as fast, jk,

looks nice man, when i first saw the pic of all the parts i thought the twin pipes were for the xx, didnt realise it was for the raptor, what kind of piston and cam went in? you got any dyno numbers yet?
lol, yeah twin pipes would be seriously custom on this bike, but yeah all the stuff on the left of the pic is for crisco's rappy. hope to get her on the dyno either wednesday or friday, then out for a ride on saturday.

Nice Pictures. I am no longer hesitant to tear mine down. Anything specific to watch our for??
pretty much what crisco said were the big ones. just take lots of pictures so u can look at them and see where stuff goes back if your not sure, and make sure to download or buy a service manual.

Great job! Did you get your pc3 map figured out?
no, just gonna spend the extra time on the dyno to get her mapped.

Can the cam be removed without removing the sprocket by loosening the tensioner?
not sure what the point would be. the chain is pretty tight as is, and the tensioner only adds a little pressure. plus u have to put the sprocket on the new cam if its a hot cam. just tie the chain up to the frame so it doesn't fall down into the block.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Great job guys, you’re going to love the extra power...try not to get addicted though.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I will make sure I take your advise. Time to tear down and send parts to Alba. Can you elaborate on the cam chain mount? Do you mean the cam sprocket?
What are you getting done at Alba?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well I was planning on the following:
Head port & polish
Valve job, Just 5 angle cut
Stage 2 cam
11:1 piston
Throttle body bore.

Tearing her apart as I type

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Well I was planning on the following:
Head port & polish
Valve job, Just 5 angle cut
Stage 2 cam
11:1 piston
Throttle body bore.

Tearing her apart as I type
I had Alba do my first build and IMO you can get much better work done for a better price with other builders. You may already have your mind made up but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I had Alba do my first build and IMO you can get much better work done for a better price with other builders. You may already have your mind made up but I just wanted to give you a heads up.
I agree 100% Bo or Daniel:tup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Where to? Just getting ready to pull the valve cover! Alba gave me some good discounts (I think) after I told him that I was part of this forum. Did you guys hear bad things about them?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I went with Daniel from high desert dyno (dl700) on my second build and could not be happier with his work and prices. He has great customer service and a much faster turnaround time than Alba did. I would recommend Daniel @HDD over Alba.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.