Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere on this forum that it took someone 2 minutes to install. It took me around 30 minutes to install mine.

Sounds kinda like stock when idle. Open it up and sounds pretty cool when riding it. Added a tad bit more HP. Not as much as I had thought it would have. I guess I have to get the header and a programmer to feel any major HP change.

Other than that, I guess I got what I paid for. Looks purdy and sounds cool but not much HP increase.

Shonie

·
Registered
370 Posts
i love mine!!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Does Lexx make the header you can add to this, and do you have to re pack the muffler? I like the looks of that pipe, its sweet! And I like the price of one piece at a time vs $800. I herd to get the programer 1st if on the budget plan?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I don't think Lexx makes a header. You will have to re-pack it eventually. That can looks alot like the Yoshi though. I like it. Looks like a well made muffler.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
that is a really nice looking pipe!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
It does look good, but I would have to agree with you on the HP increase. I am running a DMC Exhaust system and my buddy has the Lexx slip-on and I can do circles around him all day long. Maybe on your other bike you should try this system. A little more money but you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks like you have the quiet core installed. Have you tried with and without the quiet core to see if there is a difference?
How do you go about doing that? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
How do you go about doing that? :confused:

I think you just take them allen bolts out then pop the end of pipe loose and core will slide out, reinstall end with allen bolts.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yep. You unscrew the 3 allen-head bolts on the end cap, remove the cap, then pull out the quiet core, and reinstall the cap. The smaller tip is actually part of the quiet core. Keep in mind that the quiet core is also the spark-arrestor, so you need to re-install it if you ride in areas that require them (or purchase the separate spark-arrestor from rockymountain).

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info.

When I first put it on, I did take the 3 allen bolts out to see if the core would come out, but it seemed like it was pretty well set in there and figured it wasn't meant to come out. So rather than take the chance of jacking up the new exhaust, I just put it back together.

I guess I'll give it another try today after work. If anyone here can give me any suggestions on how to get the core out it would be greatly appreciated. I know the Lexx isn't an expensive one and it only cost $160 some bucks, but I really don't want to bend the core all up just trying to get it out.

By the way, I took my 700xx out the other day for a really good hard run and noticed it does have a bit more top end since the install of the Lexx. :tup:

Thanks,
Shonie

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally got around to taking the silencer out and man I like the sound so much better! Thanks to all that helped me figure this out.:thanks:

Shonie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts