Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing auto tune on my 700xx but do not know where to hook up the red lead that needs to go to switched power. The directions say that the tail light is a good wire, but there is only power to the tail light when the headlights or brakes are being used. Could anyone tell me where a good switched power lead would be (preferrably one easy to get to). Thanks ahead.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I used the one at the key ignition

·
Registered
134 Posts
By the one by the ignition, I assume you mean the pink wire coming from it? Just peel back some of the insulation and solder on a new wire? Seems "harder" than I expected and wondering if you all found an easier way. Pink wire coming out of it easily seen here:

from this thread...
https://www.club700xx.com/vb/8-moto...114-service-manual-wiring-diagram-blurry.html

Going to add a relay. Need switched power for my gps/phone/handwarmers. Currently have pulled the USB adapter and relay under the seat. Don't want to block more airflow to the intake though, but I assume keeping it near the tank ought to make that ok.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure if this was the best place, but it is what I did. There is a wire bundle coming off the key. It has a connector on the bulkhead. Right after this connector I peeled back the tape/insulation and stripped part of the pink wire. Soldered a wire that will run to a relay near the battery for the switched power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts