Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my parts have or are coming in by tomorrow. Friday night will be spent putting on the PRM skid plate, Edge Bumper and Side Bars (both powder coated black), 13T front, CCP Steering Stabilizer, No-Toil Super-Flow Air Filter and the FMF programmer, and some fancy clearance shock cover things.

Yes, I realize I have no exhaust yet, but that'll be next!

What I'd like is any details on installing any of this stuff. Like:

Which way does the bolt thread into the shaft for the sprocket; do I turn it left or right? From what I remember its lefty loosey, but I broke one before:nuts:.

How does the FMF Programmer get plugged in (the instructions are not here yet, but I doubt for some reason they will be model specific)? I have heard inside the air box is a good place to put it.

Any recommended settings for the FMF; someone said 2,2,4 (which means nothing to me at the moment b/c no instructions yet) but that post had a quad with a pipe too, I'm doing intake end only (for now)

How difficult was the CCP steering stabilizer to install (Ive done a GPR on my KTM bike)?

Any cutting, bending, shaping etc. on getting the PRM stuff to fit?

Thanks to all in advance.
Jeff

·
Registered
306 Posts
As far as the sprocket it is lefty loosey. The stabilizer is easy but you have to remember to move the brake master (its in the way). Depends on what PRM stuff you are talking about. I have the tool rack and it fit fine. The fuel programmer plugs in on top of the throttle body to the Right(opposite side) of the battery.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I went riding yesterday, it was sunny and 60, so I had too. No installs last night. Maybe this weekend. Thanks for the help/suggestions.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The 13 T sprocket must be installed a certain way. I believe its the LIP of the sprocket toward the bolt. But you ahve to check the manual. The PRM plates return them and get richochet theya re thicker. I posted pics of mine after they were LINE'-x'd. Just kidding PRM are good as well. Remember powder coating scratchs, LINE-x doesn't :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OK, 3 weeks later, and I finally have it all together:

The bumper was a complete PIA. Had to take the front plastics off (Baja style).

The CCP was a breeze. And because I had the plastics off, I was able to re-route the wiring harness over a brace and was able to rotate it just fine. The brakes are currently zip tied as the bracket is MIA in the skid plate, and I'm not going through taking that off.

Putting the skid plate on was no joy. Sliding the little nylon tubing inserts over the bolts and then having to get the nut on was a challenge.

The side bars were pretty easy.

Filter and programmer are in, and the only piece not on is the sprocket. Maybe today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts