Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wrecked my quad pretty hard. I bent the upper and lower A-arms, broke aftermarket bumper, bent one shock and more possible damage. I was wondering if i turn this into my insurance for my quad, is there any possible way of getting aftermarket parts instead of OEM? Any info would be helpful. Any maybe any possible quotes on those parts would help also. Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
I seriously don't see that happening. Most insurance companies would never allow that unless you had stipulations on your policy that accounted for all of the increased value accessories. Not to mention that is considered insurance fraud.

I suspect you'll see a drastic rise in your motorcycle insurance premium the next time it renews as well.

RP

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It should be covered. I checked with my insurance and it covers if I wreck it or if it is stolen. The OEM replacement parts might actually be nice because if you look into it stock parts actually cost more than 90% of the aftermarket stuff! Now I know all insurance is different but the way mine works is they would determine the damage then cut me a check for the amount to replace the parts and sometimes that would cover labor too! So if you are handy and your insurance works like mine then you could walk away in pretty good shape.

Have you talked to them yet to see what your insurance covers? Here is a link to a parts fiche for the 700xx. It lists the cost of the stock parts replacement. Hope it helps and you are ok.

http://www.nielsens.com/fiche_select2.asp?category=ATVs&make=Honda&year=2008&fveh=20221

·
Registered
160 Posts
Lots of times if you work it with them and buy the parts and install them then turn in the reciepts there is no problem if the dealer does the work they will install oem parts lots of time the aftermarket are cheaper but you know how dealers are they sell their parts. I know on several of my truck wrecks that how it worked for me good luck and sorry for the crash.

·
Registered
788 Posts
That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. At least you came out OK. I would talk to your insurance you might be able to do it if you install yourself.

·
Registered
538 Posts
troytrx is right, normally the insurance company wants you to get a quote to have it repaired, they write you a check for that amount, who cares what type of parts you use, might come out cheaper with some money left over for something else :)

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You can get aftermarket parts. As long as there not more than the OEM ones. If they are more you can pay the difference.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well, if you need a new pair of front shocks I got a brand new set that I will sell you . & I am sure there are some here that will have a set of stock a-arms that they just took off to put on some Housers or whatever? hell you could take the ins. $$ & buy new take off parts & spend the left over on the big 3..LOL

Glad you were not hurt too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, thanks everyone for your comments. I called the insurance and have to go get my quote tomorrow at are local Honda dealer. I already have the big three as well.. Hopefully going to be able to get a houser front end.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
let us know what you end up getting ok? I have never made a claim so I would be curious to know what they pay out.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Me too. I'm always interested to see if the insurance will really cover these types of cases. I always thought that they would but a couple of auto claims left me high and dry. Keep us posted and good luck Sean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took the quad ion the shop today to get my estimate. They was up to 4,200$ worth of damage, and still not finished. They said the insurance company would most likely total it out. Ill post more when I get more info out of the insurance company.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Holy S*%#. If it was that bad I would like to see some pics. Take any?

·
Registered
160 Posts
If they total it you can buy it back dirt cheap you just can't insure it again because they will show it as a junker title but then again you might get insurance for a higher price but hey you might get a new machine too thats what insurance is for , Good Luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, I don't have any pics. I will be going back to get my lid and pipe if they do though. I will get some pics then. It wasn't to bad I didn't think, but i bent the front bumper mounts.. Part of the frame, and 2 g's just for that.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Frame work is where that cost is

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the documented total ended up being 3,880$. My deductible is 500$, so I will be receiving a check in my name and the local Honda shops name. I can use the money for whatever i choose, as long as it pertains to my quad. Any good mod suggestions? Im thinking new Elka shocks and Houser front end for sure..

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
So they're not totalling the bike, that's good. If your front end is tweak, it might cause some problem with the shocks. Can you get the frame fix or perhaps buy a new frame. Since we do not see any pictures, it's hard for us to decide on what to do/buy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts