Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see n hear ppl puttin full coverage on there fourwheeler whats the point?? would someone really make a claim after wrecking it? i guess it would be worth it if u total it

how much do you pay n who r u thru??

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I had it through progressive also. The canceled me after a month and refunded my money. Why.. I dunno

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Never have. Always thought it didn't make sense for something with such a low replacement cost. Looking at it again now because of new law last year in IL. Can write you a $750 dollar ticket for operation of uninsured atv if caught on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Never have. Always thought it didn't make sense for something with such a low replacement cost. Looking at it again now because of new law last year in IL. Can write you a $750 dollar ticket for operation of uninsured motor vehicles if caught on the road.
My bank required it when I financed it, I had to show them proof of ins but they never found out it got canceled

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I financed through Honda, and they never mentioned insurance? As far as state law in Ohio, I know you have to for auto’s. I didn’t think anyone would insure ATV’s. After all you know the way there rode, would you insure them? Anyway when I switched from Grange to Allstate. I got insurance on my Atv and trailer as well. Full on the TRX was $158. A year and trailer was almost as much! At $110.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
alabama doesnt require ins either it would be nice to have though if your 700 got stolen

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I got it for my XX. $10 a month added on to my home owners insurance. It is covered if it gets stolen, if I hit someone while riding it covers them so I dont get sued, anything I damage with the quad, or if I do any damage to the quad! I thought it was good just for the stolen thing but think if you do something stupid and sink it in water. boom covered and I asked about that specifically. If I run it into a tree, into a lake, or off a cliff I'm covered!

·
Registered
755 Posts
I got it for my XX. $10 a month added on to my home owners insurance. It is covered if it gets stolen, if I hit someone while riding it covers them so I dont get sued, anything I damage with the quad, or if I do any damage to the quad! I thought it was good just for the stolen thing but think if you do something stupid and sink it in water. boom covered and I asked about that specifically. If I run it into a tree, into a lake, or off a cliff I'm covered!
How exactly does that work for specific parts? Like if you rolled it and bent your pro tapers, will you get $65 for new ones? That would be sweet.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had to get it or my bank wouldn't give me the loan. I go through allstate and its 415 a year.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I use Allstate and have full replacement value for parts and cost of the XX plus medical and theft :tup:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well u would have a deductable... i got 250 deduc. n 143 bucks a year... odd but hey if i total it or if soeone steals it im covered for 8500 bucks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think I'm going to get progressive solely for the piece of mind if its stolen. area i keep it in summer is not the most secure

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
That's pretty much my take on insurance. Mine is not financed, so not required that way, nor does California require it. But, I have my quad insured through my auto insurance company... bundled with other policies, you can save lots of money. To me, it doesn't matter that the replacement value is pretty low... it's still a loss and I want that covered. More important is the liability issue. If there is a crash and you tangle with another rider and they get hurt or their quad is damaged... it really doesn't matter who's fault it was, you could still find yourself in court being sued. With insurance, you wouldn't be alone trying to prove it was the other rider's fault.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
More important is the liability issue. If there is a crash and you tangle with another rider and they get hurt or their quad is damaged... it really doesn't matter who's fault it was, you could still find yourself in court being sued. With insurance, you wouldn't be alone trying to prove it was the other rider's fault.

roadkill
I could see this part. Do you guys have a lot of ATV law suits in Cali from rider collisions?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I could see this part. Do you guys have a lot of ATV law suits in Cali from rider collisions?
I don't know if there is "alot" but, even one directed at you is enough to make liability coverage look real good. In Cal we have several state off road parks and some of them get quite crowded. It only takes one idiot going the wrong way on a one way trail to ruin your day. One of my riding friends had that happen to her... except it was a VW on the trail where he didn't belong and going the wrong way.... high speed crash... head on. Her medical bills alone were over $250,000.00 including $30,000.00 to be airlifted out. She's able to ride again, but not like she used to. Kinda funny to see her try to go through a metal detector.

roadkill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts