Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i can remember a thread that was started regarding parts that were common between the 450r and 700xx. But i couldn't find it. Has anyone found any other parts which can be used on both?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Other than the front sprocket and front wheels I don't know.

Baxter? :confused:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think i can remember a thread that was started regarding parts that were common between the 450r and 700xx. But i couldn't find it. Has anyone found any other parts which can be used on both?

I swear I saw a picture somewhere where someone mounted nerfs from a 450 on an xx, i know theyre different, but he had them on there for sure !!!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

Front brake calipers ,pads and discs
Front sprocket
Oil filter same as XR650r and KFX450 dirt bikes
Tie rod ball joints are the same
The Precision Dampner is the same unit but with differant mounts. The 700xx rails are narrower.
The 450r nerfs can be fitted but only seen one pic and tried mine and the work involved to make fit was not worth messing with, so I bought some Pro Armors of Ebay.
There is some other parts but would have to check my notes.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Front hubs as well.
I ran 450r hubs, spindles and stem for 7 months and have found a better setup using stock and few aftermarket parts to make it turn better than the 450r.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The oil filter is the same as pretty much all the utility quads, plus the 400ex.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ran 450r hubs, spindles and stem for 7 months and have found a better setup using stock and few aftermarket parts to make it turn better than the 450r.
Are you saying a 450R steering stem will work in a 700? if thats the case i will be very happy becuase i just installed a Houser stem in my 07 450R but am selling it becuase i am buying a 700 this weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Are you saying a 450R steering stem will work in a 700? if thats the case i will be very happy becuase i just installed a Houser stem in my 07 450R but am selling it becuase i am buying a 700 this weekend.
I got a modded Laeger to fit but the Lonestar would not fit.
Also YOU HAVE to use the 450r hubs and spindles. There is a post on this and I have to go to work now.

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The steels on the 700xx are 0.3 mm thicker.
I did a write up on 450r vs 700xx clutch , a while back . I can't find it but do a search and it 'll be there.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The steels on the 700xx are 0.3 mm thicker.
I did a write up on 450r vs 700xx clutch , a while back . I can't find it but do a search and it 'll be there.

Thanks Baxter, I couldn't rmember off hand the EXACT size difference..

It was actualy your post that kept me from slapping the barnett 450r steels in there, I got the correct set from tusk becuase barnett didnt have them at the time, and I overheated my clutch to the point of fading twice with the stock alloy plates, havent had one hiccup out of the barnett fibres and springs with better steel plates :tup:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Thanks Baxter, I couldn't rmember off hand the EXACT size difference..

It was actualy your post that kept me from slapping the barnett 450r steels in there, I got the correct set from tusk becuase barnett didnt have them at the time, and I overheated my clutch to the point of fading twice with the stock aluminum plates, havent had one hiccup out of the barnett fibres and springs with tusk steel plates :tup:
The 700xx does not have ali plates in the clutch.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts