Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last 2 days around San Francisco has been quite interesting. It was the 75th birthday for the Golden Gate Bridge and the Memorial Day weekend. Yesterday I got to see the USS Nimitz come into the bay under the Golden Gate. Man, that MF is big!... 1,100' long and about 100,000 tons. Then, we had a nice fireworks show last night for the bridge. I live close enough that I could see it all from my house.

roadkill

·
Registered
821 Posts
Although it would have been very cool to see, I don't know if I could live in CA.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I visited San Francisco a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the place.
Nimitz visited portsmouth, uk many years ago but could not fit into the harbour.. the uss iowa did though (just)
Gives you an idea of how big todays cruise liners at 225,282 tons are !

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although it would have been very cool to see, I don't know if I could live in CA.
Although California gets a bad rap, it's actually a great place to live. But, this all depends on WHERE in California you live. It's not all like Los Angeles or filled with Hollywood types. I challenge anyone to compare the number of riding places in California against any other state.

roadkill

·
Registered
446 Posts
I grew up in foster city, man that would have been an awesome thing to see. I'm jealous Road must have been good times.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I challenge anyone to compare the number of riding places in California against any other state.

roadkill

I am from San Diego.....and it is not even close anywhere else in the country, the navy has taken me to the east coast, I miss the ridding in cali...but it has become a major nanny state, way too many wining liberals there for me. I guess I will have to go to Az now....

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
there is a lot here in oregon, but I dont know that it is as much as cali, just due to the fact that the state is more than twice as big.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
West Virginia is nothing but trails, show me a link from there? Zoom out a couple times and look around all you want, more trails than roads and house's combined!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=crum...,+Wayne,+West+Virginia&gl=us&t=h&z=15&vpsrc=6

There are trails and then there are "official" OHV areas. California has both, there are "official" OHV areas run by the Forest Service, BLM and state OHV parks. Then there are all kinds of areas that may not be an "official" area for off roading, but off roading is allowed. You cannot beat the miles of trails and the variety of riding in California... Mountain, desert, hills, dunes, MX, XC and beaches. Try this link and click on California... These are just the "official" areas.
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/

roadkill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.