Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the cam chain replaced and everything else is completely stock. It used to start just like it a Honda does and should - without fail. Now, sometimes when I go to push the button, nothing happens, its as if the switch wasn't even connected. Absolutely nothing happens, no crank, click, tap, sound, movement - NOTHING. Sometimes, it sounds like its a slow start kinda like a dead battery. Battery is 100% tested though and only a year old and honestly, not much riding on it during all of that. You guys have any other suggestions or anyone else experience the same thing?

If it's in neutral - and it fires, its not slow. I did notice that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds like the override switch at the clutch lever is getting a bad connection. Not sure what the correct term for it is so maybe someone can give you that. It prevents you from starting it when in gear if you don't have the clutch pulled in.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Neutral safety switch is the terminology on a regular vehicle.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are the wires for that? I just had a lot of work done to it, so it could be something loose or not on all the way.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Where are the wires for that? I just had a lot of work done to it, so it could be something loose or not on all the way.
I think they plug into the back of the clutch lever on your handle bars. I remember on my 400ex you could override it by connecting the two wires together but not sure witch ones they were. That was five years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts