Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you here have an ipod? and which one do you have? as I see myself having to buy another and I don't know which one to get? i'm down to having to decide between the ipod touch(8gb) and the ipod classic(160gb) which one would you guys get if you were me? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
755 Posts
32GB ipod touch over here. I never leave the house without it lol. Definatly buy the ipod touch if you plan on having less than 2000 songs. I have 2200 songs and that's about 9GB so it wouldn't fit on the base ipod touch. The touch is amazing tho, you can go on the internet, play a bunch of games, has google maps and everything.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think we have had them all in this house. I started years ago with a 4gb mini. We have had shuffles, minis, nanos, and some generic mp3 players. Currently, my son has an 8gb touch. I like it and the wifi capability. Tons of apps available for it. My youngest daughter just got a nano touch 14gb, I like it alot. It came with a radio app that even scrolls the song info like the newer car radios do. Personally, I like the classic the best just for the amount you can put on it. My oldest daughter and I both use a classic. Mine has nearly 15gb of music, 20gb of movies and podcasts, and about 1000 pictures on it right now. I bet the next generation will have the radio capability. Mine has even been through the washing machine once and lived. I will only upgrade to a touch once they make them 100gb or bigger.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
ive got two nanos 4g and 8g and my I4 32g which is the best.lol i would get like a 8-16g nano easy to use and and are really compact

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's my problem i like the ipod classic because I could put 40,000 songs on it or 10 hours of video on it. but I afraid that it I buy it and drop it by accident that it will screw it up. but then I like that I can get on the net and plug my guitar into the ipod touch. but i'm afraid that if I drop it that the screen will shatter and it will be screwed up. so that's why I don't know which one to get. but I do really like the storage capacity of the ipod classic.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I no every situation is different but I have dropped my classic too many time to count. The case is even dented in placed. From what I have experienced the classic is tough, especially after the washing machine incident. lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so now i need to know how the ipod touch fairs if it gets dropped? does anybody here have the new ipod touch? if so what has happened to it when you have dropped it by accident?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
i myself dont have any ipod but my brother does have the ipod touch and he dropped it and it only put a dent im sure if it would have hit face down it would have either dented it or broke it but it suvived the side impact just fine

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I have the old 8gig iPod with video, but now I hardly ever use it. I bought the iPhone 3G and then went to iPhone 4. I have dropped them both and haven't had any issues. Maybe just lucky. IMO I would go with a touch because you can have the option to buy different apps. I have one on my phone that can track my trail rides with gps and keeps track of speed. Kinda cool.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Iphone 4 here and i def reccomend the itouch! It does to much amazing stuff not to get it. As far as durability goes with the touch, they sell hundreds of cases made to be dropped! It should hold up fine

·
Registered
148 Posts
iphone here with the otterbox and dropping it is the least of my worries. Mine survived a pretty muddy ride a few weeks ago where when I was done I had water in my pockets but phone was perfect. You can youtube people throwing them, running them over, dropping in water. Makes them pretty much dummy proof. Just do the baby powder trick and youll never have problems.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i have an ipod touch 32 gb 4th gen i like it but i wish it had a better camera.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well guys I went to wal-mart today and looked at the ipods that they sell and was going to get a 160gig ipod classic. but then my mom asked which one i wanted. so I changed my mind and got a 8gig ipod touch instead. And so far I love it. I like the touch screen better than the scroll wheel on the other ipods. i do have a question about the touch though does the plug on your head phones go all the way into the headphone jack or does some of the gold plug stick out of the jack? also what do I go into to surf the web on it? thanks alot for the help.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I believe on the touch its pretty much the same as the iPhone... First go to your settings button then wi-fi (turn on and connect to a network)then all you have to do is go to the safari button and your surfing online. Hope this helps

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok thanks for the help guys. after i posted this my ipod touch asked me if I wanted to connect to a network so I selected yes and typed in our password and it done the rest. but every time I go to an online forum a message pops up about tapatalk so will i have to download the tapatalk app to get this message to quit appearing when I go to an online forum?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.