Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading after the big 3 the 700xx will stand straight up. Well I have a full HMF, pro flow K&N, and a HMF optimizer and my quad will not stand up. Is it just because im riding in loose sand? I was only on it for about 2 hours with the big 3 but it did not come up on me when starting off in 1st. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have no problems pullin the front end up and it's all stock; even in some loose snow, granted I had to shift my weight back a little.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been talking to a few people and they think its just a traction issue, so im going to get some Maxxis Razr tires. Im going to go with 22x10x11 for the back but I dont know what size I should get for the front, what size are you guys running on the front or what size do you think would work best? Do you know the best place to buy these tires? Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I have been talking to a few people and they think its just a traction issue, so im going to get some Maxxis Razr tires. Im going to go with 22x10x11 for the back but I dont know what size I should get for the front, what size are you guys running on the front or what size do you think would work best? Do you know the best place to buy these tires? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Its YOU, haha only kidding. No one on here can really tell you what the issue is for sure:confused:. You have to feel it out yourself. If you sit back a lil' on your seat you'll put more weight over the rear tires and the front end should come up nice and easy. I highly doubt its a power issue. Only you can feel if the back tires are breaking free. If thats the case then slide your butt back a bit and it should help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are you serious, or is this another Aprils fools joke :) I don't care if you weight 300+ lbs, the front end on this will come up in first. If it had wings it would fly with the lift it has. lol. Definably the sand type and lack of good sand tires.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, sounds like my next mod will be some new tires.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I weigh 260lbs and dead stock the front end would stand up when I'm leaning over the gas tank. If you stab the throttle it should not be a problem to put it on the back wheels even stock. Now with the big 3, it's a wheelie monster.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sounds like I need to take it out on the asphalt and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Luckily I always wear my gear. I have been sitting at home with a broken wrist and 2 broken ribs for the last 3 weeks, hate to see what would of happened without the chest protector and helmet.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Mine pulls up without effort in 1st and 2nd if I pin it hard and it will in 3rd if I pull up on it. But if I slide forward and lean down a little its a torque accelerating monster! On the street I gotta be super careful in the woods its less of an issue but still have to watch it some. I'm 5'9 170 so I'm on the smaller side.

Anyway I'd guess its a traction issue.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah im only 5'8 160 so it should have no problem.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm stock and do not have to pull back on the bars at all to get her to stand up. My only issue every with getting her to wheelie is traction. I'm sure with some new tires you'll be staring at the clouds.

·
Registered
64 Posts
After the big3, the 13t front sprocket, and a few other mods..I can pull my XX up in 4th gear without clutching it at all....A few members don't recommend the 13t sprocket after the big3, but it suits my riding style (tight, tactical trails). I don't have all that much top end anymore, but when do you really need it?

·
Registered
108 Posts
mine will pull up with just a smaller front sprocket in 4th gear... cant keep the wheels on the ground in 1st and 2nd dragging lol.
i was able to pull mine up on the groomed snowmobile trails on stock tires all winter.. time for some new rubber now though.. when i hit 3rd gear and pin it i can drift around turns.. on dry pavement. lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey jj when you are drag racing....try pulling out in 2nd....you would be surprised how much of a difference that it makes!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts