Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my ehs big 3 and had it just idling and I saw it stArt to glow red right at the head/ exhaust port, Granted it was at night but I never noticed my stock header glow. I thought maybe it's running lean but there is no pinging etc and the bike runs strong as hell after the mods, Just wanna make sure I'm on the up and up.

·
Registered
821 Posts
My stock setting my factory head pipe would glow. Put programmer on and it doesn't glow. I would say you are a little lean, is aftermarket header thinner metal than factory header.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thinner metals require less heat to glow, they lso cool off a lot quicker. I say check plug, if it its light brown should be ok. But other more knowledgeable guys will chime in.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Yeah, you are fine. Mine glows....especially when I am in a tug of war w/ a raptor 700. It really glows then :)

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Quite normal... also good for heating up lunch or dinner. Wrap a Piroshki or hot pocket in aluminum foil and set on hot pipe... wait a few minutes and you have lunch.

roadkill

·
Registered
45 Posts
did not see a glow on my barker header but that thing did change color. I am set up from ehs this 700 rips and i was thinking the same thing , whats up or is that just the way it is. the header looks like it has a heat treat on it now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yea, mine is a deep purple color, almost black, from the head to the heat shield.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
make it richer :xx:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah, you are fine. Mine glows....especially when I am in a tug of war w/ a raptor 700. It really glows then :)
did you win the tug a war???:xx:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.