Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much am i gona gain from a slip on pipe with out the programmer im just wondering if it really is worth getting one? like how many bike lenghts should i gain from the pipe? thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
The new HMF Comp series slip-on it one of the best all around slip-ons from what I hear. Combined with a tuner, you should be quicker off the start and all the way through the powerband. Not real sure on top end, but low and mid should be better.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
The programmer is what's really going to make the difference not the slipon. A full exhaust yields more noticeable difference but is more expensive. A slipon by itself is just going to make it sou.d better imo

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea im still thinking about it

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you don't go with a programmer you won't notice anything more than sound. Even with the programmer it's not like you are going to go from an even race to destroying someone. With such a small increase it's still going to come down to who got the better launch or who's the better rider every time

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i understand but ill forsure be safe not to lean with just slip on no programmer?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i dont got the money for big 3 what would be best slipon programmer combo? and could i get the lexx slipon then later on down the road get a fmf programmer and just plug it in and go?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You are going to want to go with the EHS programmer over something like the FMF or HMF programmers. Eric has done much more work with the XX and has way better maps. And I've found out the hard way that you really get what you pay for when it comes to performance. You are better off waiting and saving up to do it right once than go the cheap route and end up unhappy and redoing it

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i wish i had 800 to spend lol im just looking for temperarey performance...im thinking lexx pipe and 13t sprocket. then later down the road ehs big 3...

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would just leave the exhaust stock until you have the money for a full system. I contemplated the same thing when I first bought mine. Glad I didn't just buy a slip on. If your set on going that route find a FMF slip on so later down the road you can add the powerbomb.

·
Registered
138 Posts
if you can get them

EHS big three is a terrrrrific mod IMO
i called tried to get it online and could not get in touch with them so went a different way wanted to deal with them since in north carolina

1 - 15 of 15 Posts