Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So last Tuesday I get home from work and had a message on my answering machine. Two of the Honda shops in Vegas are part of a large chain, the message was from one of those stores and I bought my first 700XX there brand new back in 2009. Basically, the message was inquiring if I still had the 700XX I bought from them and if I did still have it, would I be willing to sell it. (I didn't return the call as I have no interest in selling.) Figure for them to call and inquire about buying back a quad that I bought 3 years ago, there must be quite a few inquires by people ready to buy a 700XX.

So what is everyone's local dealers saying about the 700XX? Does anyone know of any dealers that still have new ones on the floor? I know over a year ago, before I bought my second one used, I stopped by the local dealer and they said they don't have any and can't get any, Honda has no more. I am guessing that by now all the new ones are gone, so if you want one, used is your only option.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar or has any info about future production of the 700XX. Hopefully Honda will start selling them again.

Doug

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
someone posted on here a few months ago that a 2013 model was showing up on the order forms for dealers. Haven't heard anything since though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
There is no demand for them in my area. I think in my county, there are 2, maybe 3 of them. I keep up with the ATV scene, so I've known about them since they came out, but no one I ride with had ever heard of them or an ATV like it before they saw mine. An usually if I go to a riding event and someone asks me what I ride, I have to explain to them what the 700XX is. I think if Honda had designed it similar to the Raptor, if would have been much more popular. Then they could have gotten rid of that POS 300EX/X shifted around their line up.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I know of 4-5 guys that have been around my xx and want one. If there is a new one around me next year it will be mine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
2013 Honda sport quads are on their site. 450R, 400X and 250X is it.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
2013 Honda sport quads are on their site. 450R, 400X and 250X is it.
yeah, but only a month or so ago, the only 2013 model on the site was the 250, so there is still a chance i suppose, but I dont know if they will make the 700xx again. If they make another 700, they will probably make it a sra quad.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Southern Honda in Chattanooga has 1 new '08 in stock. The way I explain the ATV to people I come in contact with in my riding area is that it's the bastard of the ATV world. Utility guys don't like it because it's not a 4X4 with racks and sport guys don't like it because it's on the heavy side and has IRS.

For me and the way I ride, it's the perfect fit with just a few modifications. I would definitely buy one again.

http://www.southernhonda.com/showcaseproductslist.htm?Brand=16&Type=1508#15082008Sport

·
Registered
481 Posts
I love mine but once its got many tens of thousands of miles on it what do i buy next ?
Another trx700 would be ideal but that may not happen.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hell, I want one. Can't find any in the Colorado area. What were you guys paying for yours new? I have heard people saying they were going out the door for a little over 4K.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Southern Honda in Chattanooga has 1 new '08 in stock. The way I explain the ATV to people I come in contact with in my riding area is that it's the bastard of the ATV world. Utility guys don't like it because it's not a 4X4 with racks and sport guys don't like it because it's on the heavy side and has IRS.

For me and the way I ride, it's the perfect fit with just a few modifications. I would definitely buy one again.

http://www.southernhonda.com/showcaseproductslist.htm?Brand=16&Type=1508#15082008Sport
Shit that dealer is nuts! I bought my 2009 Raptor 700 new at the end of 2009 off an ebay dealer site for $5,780 done. I paid $450 to have it shipped. Thats it.

They are asking $6,853 for the XX new. It must be the last new one on earth.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Up here in my area (north central minnesota) I only know of one other xx and I work with the guy. they are pretty rare to come across. I wouldnt trade mine for anything. it fits the riding I do very well. i go places that most sra quads wouldnt dare to due to extra ground clearance of the irs.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Hell, I want one. Can't find any in the Colorado area. What were you guys paying for yours new? I have heard people saying they were going out the door for a little over 4K.
Mine was like $4500 after all the bonus bucks and or rebates. I've been riding it for over 2yrs now, and have only ran into one other Trx700.

·
Registered
258 Posts
iv had mine not to long the area were i live i know there is 2 of them but the honda shop were i buy my oil and filters saud he has at least one person everyother day wanting to order one so atleast in my area there is some demand

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm in the cincinnati area and there is at least 7 because 4 of them are for sale. This is my first quad and every time I go ride with my friends I'm so thankful I bought the 700xx. The beast goes anywhere truly and the haters I ride with shut there mouth's up when I pull their quads out of the mud or a rut. Unfortunately I'm selling mine because my wife didn't enjoy me being away from her on my long weekends.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Shit that dealer is nuts! I bought my 2009 Raptor 700 new at the end of 2009 off an ebay dealer site for $5,780 done. I paid $450 to have it shipped. Thats it.

They are asking $6,853 for the XX new. It must be the last new one on earth.
That's the dealer I got mine from for like $4285 out the door. After Honda pulled the $2500 rebate, they went back up in price to just below list price.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
That's the dealer I got mine from for like $4285 out the door. After Honda pulled the $2500 rebate, they went back up in price to just below list price.
Yea those bonus bucks were sweet! When I got mine it was only like $250 more for the trx700 over the trx400. The sale's guy was like are you sure you need that much power? And I said probably not but for the price difference and ground clearance you'd be a fool not to take the 700.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i've had mine for two years now and i only know of one other 700xx in my area and i don't really know if it is still in my area or not as I never see it. but if honda isn't going to build anymore of them maybe i should start thinking about getting rid of mine maybe. i love it but if parts are going to get hard to find i don't want to be stuck with a $5600 dollar paper weight that I can't ride cause i can't get parts for it. I have kind of been wanting a rzr lately.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts