Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i curious to know why my computer is telling me that this website is a security risk? Has this happened to any of you? It says my personal information is at risk and microsoft doesn't recommend me visiting this site? I'm not the most computer saavy person so yall's opinion's are appreciated. Thanks Hayden

·
Registered
505 Posts
I just had the same thing pop up tonite.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You must have Kaspersky and you need to update it. I have insane levels of anti-virus, anti-this, anti-that, and nothing has come up. I don't have any Kaspersky products therefore I have no problem.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
It's funny because I do not use or have that software installed on my system so don't know why I would see that error

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It's funny because I do not use or have that software installed on my system so don't know why I would see that error
What are you running? KAV.4 is an older version Kapersky

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I use Avast anti virus software and did a search for Kav and nothing came up

·
Registered
228 Posts
We need for you to post every single bit of info that you can about what your anti-virus is telling you. I need file names and locations to help you.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really don't believe i have this kaspersky? Never heard of it? When i purchased this computer i had geek squad install norton i believe?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have used Kaspersky Internet Security for several years now and am a believer. Just updated it last month (2010 Ver. 9.0.0.736). When I purchased the computer Norton was installed. I kept having problems running some of the applications and eventually got a virus that replicated itself hundreds of times. Needless to say the computer was toast. I took it in to Staples and in a day they had it up and running. My first question was, "what did you use to get rid of the virus?" The technician said "Kaspersky". I told him "I want it". He got rid of Norton and loaded the new program. It has never failed me. Sometimes is a pain-in-the-neck because it asks if I want to allow some programs. I'm OK with that I just don't want a repeat of that virus issue. It is a little pricy to buy but first timers get all kinds of savings. The update for 2010 was about $60.00
Hope this sheds a little light on that program.
Sid

·
Registered
228 Posts
OK, i did some research, and while I can't really tell anyone what they need to do, I can tell you a little about what's going on. The trojan that your antivirus is blocking, is a known malware issue that Google, Yahoo, and others are spreading via advertisements. You do not have to click on the ads for it to attempt deployment. Apparently we have ads that are a problem here, but it's not abnormal considering Google and Yahoo ads are everywhere. As long as your antivirus software is telling you that it's blocking it then you will be fine because it's a well known trojan. If you don't have solid antivirus software and update it frequently then you already have way worse problems than this trojan will cause anyway. It would be nice if a spyware guru could figure out which ads are carrying the trojan, who's filename was stated earlier, JS:pRONTEXI and help us get rid of it. As long as your antivirus is telling you about it, then I wouldn't worry. There is a problem here though.

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Symantec just blocked a trojan here. Admins you need to look at the advertisements carrying the trojans.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just got a similar message a bit earlier while browsing the site. Messages appeared to come from windows and I am using windows 7.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts