Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That the ECU does not allow full power till you are after 20 hours, and only alows 75% power till then?

Thanks,

Mav

·
Registered
528 Posts
hmmmm idk but now that you mention it, its kinda how mine happened....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read it over on the ATV riders forum. Just wanted to know if there was any truth to it.

Mav

·
Registered
755 Posts
I did hear that somewhere, I don't know if it's true or not.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I remember reading that somewhere too but I think it was speculation and not fact. I am pretty sure I am over 20 hours and I haven't noticed a difference

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I read was a few folks that typed this. I could not find any "real" proof. That's why I asked the question.

Mav

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't believe it.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I seriously doubt it.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Never heard this about the 700. Riding buddy was told this about his Grizz by the shop, don't think he ever noticed anything. The magic number he was told was 20 also.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I didn't notice any difference and I know I have well over 20 hours on mine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I doubt it too, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. Surprised that nobody has heard of, and discredited this before.

Mav

·
Registered
258 Posts
i dont believe it would be true, i do think tho that the engines do go better after 20 hrs once they are run in properly, little less friction, things can move easier and go better

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
That would mean that the ECU would have to have some kind of built in engine hour meter... and we would've discovered that little feature long ago... Also, we'd have figured out how to tap into it... instead of wiring in an aftermarket hour meter. Someone would've come up with an hour meter you just plug in to the ECU... Doesn't exist, therefore, this myth is busted.
You also have to figure that a 25% gain in power would be very noticeable... to anyone. Has anyone thought of the fact that after 20 hours or so, a rider gets more used to and comfortable with their quad and starts to push it more?

roadkill

1 - 20 of 22 Posts