Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I tried to contact the ITP sales department asking them if they had any plans on expanding their product line for the 700xx. We all know that the selection is thin compared to other quads. Being I am in the market for wheels, I was curious if they had any plans in the future and if it was worth it for me to hold off. 6 weeks has gone by, and no response. Don't know if anyone has had a good or bad experience with them, but I wonder if this is a reflection of their cutomer service?

FMF, HMF and atv galaxy (just to name a few) have always returned and answered my questions and have been extremely helpful either by phone or e-mail.

F U ITP, I will keep my stock wheels or buy a different brand.

Just Venting

·
Registered
667 Posts
itp

Some time ago I tried to contact the ITP sales department asking them if they had any plans on expanding their product line for the 700xx. We all know that the selection is thin compared to other quads. Being I am in the market for wheels, I was curious if they had any plans in the future and if it was worth it for me to hold off. 6 weeks has gone by, and no response. Don't know if anyone has had a good or bad experience with them, but I wonder if this is a reflection of their cutomer service?

FMF, HMF and atv galaxy (just to name a few) have always returned and answered my questions and have been extremely helpful either by phone or e-mail.

Just Venting
I have had no issues with itp, they answer the phone when I have called. What type of wheels are you looking for? I would suggest going to a 10" rim and that makes so much more available to you. I don't know your budget but Hiper makes awsome wheels with or without beadlocks

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
The only downfall with the ten inch rears is the mud scraper removal. I have not noticed any difference with the mud scraper gone, mud does not get caught up in my wheels. Now I have a ton of tire options! I've never had to deal with Itp but I like thier wheels!

It makes it wider in th rear with the 10's and makes your turning radius wider.

You trade great tire selection for wider rear, lower turning radius and tight rear a-arm/rim clearance:

Here is a pic of the clearance:

Here are some pics of the width change in the rear:

Stock width:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
The clearence would only be an issue if you bent your rim. I haven't noticed any difference in turning radius but hey, you have reverse. Haha. People pay for a plus two rear end, in this case it's included. Overall I'm really happy with the 10" wheels!
I have done that very same thing (bent my rim...on the inside too!)...and mine has paddles on it. I would hate to see if someone were to really ride on these.

Those plus two people with +2 rear ends usually have a front end that is also widened to keep the ratio. The turning radius is exacerbated with paddle tires that really hook.

Not trying to start an argument, just sharing my experience.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I have done that very same thing (bent my rim...on the inside too!)...and mine has paddles on it. I would hate to see if someone were to really ride on these.

Those plus two people with +2 rear ends usually have a front end that is also widened to keep the ratio. The turning radius is exacerbated with paddle tires that really hook.

Not trying to start an argument, just sharing my experience.
So far riding in the woods I haven't noticed the turning radius issue but I understand what you're saying with paddle tires. I'm simply trying to say that I have not found any issues with my setup at all. You shared your experience and I'm sharing mine as well. Like I said, I'm really happy with the setup.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

Just Venting
Are you seriously this mad over one unreturned email?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
It makes it wider in th rear with the 10's and makes your turning radius wider.

You trade great tire selection for wider rear, lower turning radius and tight rear a-arm/rim clearance:

Here is a pic of the clearance:

Here are some pics of the width change in the rear:

Stock width:

The DWT/OMF 10" rims are a little closer to the a-arm and are 10x8 compared to the 10x7 ITP . Tried the 10x8 on the mx track and get to race them in 7 days time at round 1 of British tree dodging. The ITP's are a good strong rim and served me well. The DWT/OMF rim is sort of a heavy duty version of the ITP.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Also try this Email address and when I talked to him about products for the 700xx , this is about it ! This was about 5 months ago though !

Email : [email protected]

:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is not that I am that mad, more disappointed. If my 600 beans isn't enough then screw em. All the the other companies I reached out to were more than willing to help and/or respond.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
i don't blame him though... some companies just suck in customer service
I agree, But if it's only one email I'd give them a little breathing room before washing my hands of them.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It is not that I am that mad, more disappointed. If my 600 beans isn't enough then screw em. All the the other companies I reached out to were more than willing to help and/or respond.
A phone call would better serve you, Since this is not a stock item there are many question's to be asked. I wouldn't doubt if only 10% of the people that call/email them are serious potential buyers. The more info you supply them with the more attention you will get in the sea of dead beat buyers.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Like SmoOoth 1 said....Sometimes it pays to just place the call, and not wait for e-mails..just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just Venting

:birds: 1 Email and you hate the company now?? We make outstanding products for just about every quad made and we support the sport at almost all events across the country. We have been working on the rims for this quad for over 1 year and are very close to releasing them to our product testers. Mine are in route now to NY where I plan on testing them for the next few months. :cry: Yet here you are 1 email and you are spewing hate like this "F U ITP". The Honda 700xx has only been out for 2 years and the weird wheel offset is not used by others, yet we stepped up to the plate and invested in the research and tooling to make them.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
It seems like you just put the correct bolt pattern on a rim that you already had with the correct offset. (it's me guessing ...asking you for an honest answer)

Do you use this offest on any other application?

Do you need any more testers?

Will this be for an 11" rim?
+1 My stock rims are just about done and will soon need new ones. I am very interested.... Only if they will be stock offset and 11" though.

I'd be happy to test (try to beat the crap outta them) myself.

roadkill

1 - 20 of 33 Posts