Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELL, it happened what I had planned on NEVER EVER EVER DOING. I came over a dune and all my buddies stopped when they seen the pond and being a marine, I had no choice but to go where there would NOT GO!!!

so over the dunes I went and right through the center of a pond I really did NOT
think it could of been so deep and in second gear about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle I was basically a floating raft shooting water up high. I leaned forward and the front end tipped down and didnt touch so i leaned back to get it even and just went for it.
it seemed like it took for ever to get full across it, i went through the center of it

SORRY NO VIDEO, wow what a video it had been. The TREX and Myself were fully covered in wet sand, I headed back to camp and shut it off and removed seat, I found out that my EHS air box lid did a good job overall but it looks like maybe I need to find away to better seal it? is there supposed to be a o-ring seal on the airbox lid? a small amount of water came in the back of the box and ran down into the box and was in the bottom of air box.
The filter was dry.
I let it all dry out and removed the water from box, i havnt rode since. Im going to remove the filter next week and look in the intake manifold to see if any water came in. hoping not.

OK back to the tires, WOW they did awesome with out the tires NO WAY would I have ever ever ever made it.
:xx::stupid:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it was just this weekend
I am hoping to get back down there sometime in october. I try to go almost every month even though it is a 5 hour drive it is WORTH IT TO ME....

usually the days I go are sunday - tuesday but this time we went friday - sunday

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well theres clearly one thing left

Do it again and this time video it :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was a error on my part scuzz, I always have posted on here when im going and i think this time it just slipped my mind. I be going back in a few weeks.... I will keep you posted but i cant go on the weekends usually.

and I doubt I will EVER have a stupid attack like that and do it again LOL.... but We are going to try to have two people with cameras in the future. so who knows

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
hmm you always want a camera in the group for those times that would be funny or if you have an accident so when your in the recovery room all your friends can come in and laugh at you

·
Registered
24 Posts
me and some friend are going oct 9-10 hope to see some of you there. it will be my first time on a sports qaud i loved it on my rzr

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
is there supposed to be a o-ring seal on the airbox lid?
My lid didn't have one, but a thin bead of silicone into the groove on the lid will fix it right up. There is also a small rectangular opening on the back of the lid that a little dab of silicone will seal off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.