Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What wheel do you guys think is a stronger and better wheel for the money? I personally like them both but the ITP's can be had for about 25 bucks cheaper per wheel.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Red, I ran the ITP Baja on my Raptor and flat spotted the rears in a couple of places, I dont think there as tough as the DWT/OMF as the ITP rings are only pressed in, not welded like the DWT/OMF. The DWT/OMF is a better looking wheel also. Remeber those pics I sent you. $25 bucks bro, thats nothing.

·
Registered
369 Posts
dwt all the way i have dwt rims with omf rings they been through hell and still look great

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im talking about the 100 dollar wheels guys. The ITP's are rolled in reinforcing rings and the dwt evo has pressed in trellis style rings. I can't afford the OMF wheels right now. My front stock wheels are a mess. So i was looking for a cheap way to replace them. Thanks

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
if you're looking for a cheap way to replace them, go to the atv riders forum and buy some stock wheels... I would rather save my money, than buy itp

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are they worse than the stockers? They have inner and outer reinforcing rings? The stockers bend way to easy.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thats good to hear! I live in the mountains too and trails can get pretty rough. Hopefully they are somewhat stronger than the stock fronts.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Are they worse than the stockers? They have inner and outer reinforcing rings? The stockers bend way to easy.
I wouldn't say they are worst than the stock wheels. What I was getting at is you can find a good used set of stock wheels real cheap, and save your money for the OMF's. That's just what I would do

·
Registered
340 Posts
Stock wheels are ok

I got agree with you Ceballos, I was flat spoting my stock Raptor rims, bought the ITP Baja for the rear and I was flat spoting them as well. I now have the OMF on my 700xx jumping just as far and not one flat spot.

The standard Honda rims are made by DID and are pretty strong the only reason I flat spoted mine was because of those evil Maxxis Razor 1s with those stupid buldging sidwalls. 17 plugs between 2 tyres and most of them in the side walls.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you really want to save some money, buy a pair of these:

http://www.dwtracing.com/products/atv/alumilite/RokOut

A good rolled lip wheel can be almost as strong as a wheel with a reinforcing ring. I used to run ITP Baja's, got tired of bending and replacing at least one a race. Switched to the DWT yellow labels (ultimates) and have only bent three in almost three years. (Two of those were from me cart wheeling the quad while pinned in fifth gear, the other from hitting a rock at speed with a flat tire.) The link I posted above is the new version of the ultimates, the old ones are polished. Look at any picture of Wayne Matlock's quad, and you will see DWT ultimates on the front, they are some tough wheels.

I just wish DWT would make a rolled lip 11" wheel for the rear of the 700XX.

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Doug i'll see what kinda price i can get on the rokouts. Keep in mind i don't ride nowhere near as hard as you or the Matlock racing guys. I just need something stronger than stock. so if i bend one i actually hit something hard enough to remember how i bent it. I don't even know how i bent my stock wheels. Thats how easy they bent.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thanks Doug i'll see what kinda price i can get on the rokouts. Keep in mind i don't ride nowhere near as hard as you or the Matlock racing guys.
Thats why I recomended those, I believe retail on them is around $85 to $90 per wheel, a little cheaper then the ITP's even. Should work just fine for you.

Doug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.