Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just bought a 700xx that wasa bought new in january and hasnt been ridden much. still under warranty. has moose nerfs, and grab bar. pro armour bumper and spider grips. need some advice on shocks - goin to be riding double most times so need some that are stiffer but still smooth when jumping.

thanks in advance,
derek

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
If you'll be riding doubles most of the time then I would keep the stock shocks since if you order aftermarket shocks; they'll ask for your weight so they can preload the shocks iaw your weight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't think you'll have much luck setting shocks up for the weight of two and then have them ride well for the weight of one.

I would crank up the preload for doubles and go just take some out for a single rider.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah! that would be the best way to do it but if he kept his stock shocks, their stiff enough that he shouldn't need to do anything.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the stock rear shocks are stiff enough for 2? im not really too concerned about ride just dont want it to sag so low with 2 that itll drag on the trails real bad

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I would get another bumper as the pro armor one is likely to crack if any of the other members here experiences are an indicator.
All my pro armor has held up great wouldn't replace unless you have to.
And would also stick to stock shocks for two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts