Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets just say what happens in the garage stays in the garage. one thing I noticed is the factory packing pillow seems more substantial then the one I got in the repack kit. the one that was put in at the factory is thicker, and the kit repacking is like thin any one notice this on yours.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
did you get one from barkers or an universal kit. the uv kit wont have the same quality as the barker ive done mine twice got the kit from mike at barkers. trinity racing has an awesome repack kit you can make work in the barkers:xx:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep ordered it from mike at barkers. I think ill send him a email and ask about it. just seemed to me It was not the same product. funny thing is I could have got one more year out of the one I took out. I did find out you need the biggest baddest rivet gun you can get, broke mine first try.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
yep ordered it from mike at barkers. I think ill send him a email and ask about it. just seemed to me I:xx:t was not the samproduct. funny thing is I could have got one more year out of the one I took out. I did find out you need the biggest baddest rivet gun you can get, broke mine first try.
yeah those dam rivets where tough he sent me the wrong rivets couldnt get them to grip right i couldnt even snap them off with my rivet gun then went and borrowed my neighbors gun and still wouldnt snap off right and swell up so i just put self tapping sheet metel screws in mine . so far it is working great fu&$ those rivets they suck! :xx:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the tip next time I'll put in some self tapping screws. I was thinking adding some side vents to my lid I have the big 3, wondering if the controller settings stay the same if I add them.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
thanks for the tip next time I'll put in some self tapping screws. I was thinking adding some side vents to my lid I have the big 3, wondering if the controller settings stay the same if I add them.
as far as i know they stay the same . mine is the way eric set it up for the ehs big 3 package. i did a plug check a few weeks ago and it looked a little rich,but havent messed with the settings. if you go with a stg3 hotcam someday you will need to change the first three modes.:xx:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts