Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy 1st post but have been doing some reading on this site for a few weeks after picking up m 700xx and am now starting to mod it. I bought these Honda racing nerfs and they did bolt right on without issue but there is all kinds of excess strap hanging out the bottom. Am I supposed to cut and burn these straps or just let em hang? How loose is the netting supposed to be?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I let it hang about 1 1/2" below where my foot goes under the shifter. It really is a preference for you and how loose you can tolerate it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about the excess strap that hangs below the bike? It just looks tacky which is what made me think of the cut and burn idea, Is that what most do with th excess strap? cut and burn?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes, Mine wasn't that bad. I only had about 1-2 inches left over and I left it alone.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You could Spend the $44 and get the Weller 8200 with a Hot Knife attachment. Or if you have a sodering Iron see if they make a attachment for it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking scissors and bic lighter? Its odd that there is so much extra string, I tried making it to where it just wasn't hanging but the net was sagging so bad like that I had to move it back. As it is if I don't cut it I wonder if itll get caught on a tree or some crap.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Iwould ride the 700xx a couple of times , Too make sure you have enough space for your foot on the shifter and brake pedal. Once you have the tension set right then you could cut them. I personally put the straps through from the bottom of the brackets , so all the loose is on top and not hanging down. It looks neater without trimming.:D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Baxter,
Great idea. I think your solution is the best. After installing my nerfs I wanted to trim the excess nylon straps but decided to just leave them alone. The scissors came to mind but sealing the ends of the straps with a lighter brought waves of apprehension. I could just see my new machine disappearing in a ball of flame.:cry:
Again thanks for the tip.:tup:
Sid

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i dont have nerf bars but i think it look more bad ass when u let them hang

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
You would want to leave some hang anyway due to the fact that if you have to ever take them off for any reason (I can't think of one but you never know), then you would never be able to get them back on if you trimmed to much off. I don't know how much slack you have, but my Pro-Armor's probably only have 2-3 inches at the most on any strap, and I dont see how it is a problem at all except for cleaning the mud off. It is not like it can get caught in your wheel or anything. However, i do like Baxter's idea as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
some of them are 2 to 3 inches those ones don't bug me, the ones that are 6-7 inches bug me cause they would almost touch the ground. I did think of another way, those little velcro ties that they sell to keep wires organized. I could wrap the long straps to the main straps and keep em from hanging.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just cut and burn. I did it and it was fine. Don't use a blow torch but a simple grill lighter is best. Took 2 minutes

·
Registered
8 Posts
get a needle and some thread and sow them up, or hell staple them or hot glue them if you don't want to cut them. I left mine hang, but they only hang a couple inches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts