Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Just ordered nerf bars

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  08700xx 
#1 ·
I just ordered Pro Armor fat peg nerf bars I am excited to get them anyone who has had them how do you like them and how do you like them and how are they holding up?
also how was the installation?

#2 ·
I have had mine on for 18 months of tree dodging , a few battle scars but holding up dam fine. Fitment is the only issue you will have with them.
Need a little tweeking at the front end to get lined up with the a-arm bolt. But it is worth it. :D

#3 ·
I love mine! I have pro-armor skids and bumper as well and not had any problems with any of it. the nerfs were a pain to get on. The right side didn't line up exactly and took a few coors lights and some cursing to get them on, but i still like them. They are holding up great and other than some scratches on the bottom from scraping them on rocks. they are holding up great. I really like the fat pegs. they are really wide and give you a good platform to stand on. If you have any issues getting them on feel free to pm me.

#4 ·
Hayden, that was the problem with yours....the COORS LIGHT LMAO.
I have had mine for about 23 months now, and I had the hardest fitment issues ever, but then again they were among the first set the produced for our quad. Other than that, they are awesome. I dont have 2 bolts in the sides where they mount up to the frame near where your leg comes down due to them being an inch or so off, so they move on the outside a bit from that, but I have raced about 21 races on them, hit everything from trees to little babies, and there are some chips and dings on the sides, but they are holding up excellent.

#6 ·
Thanks Red-n-blackxx The nerf bars should be in tommorow so I will let you know about the fitment I will post pictures if all goes well

#8 ·
Only the slow people that don't get out of the way after I tell them I'm not in their class LOL.

#9 ·
i hate mine they rattel like a bitch ... im lookin at switching them out next year for some that dont. also i had a helluva time gettin the damn things on took bout 4 or so hrs of me and my dad beating banging and cussign and grinding to get em on. bolts didnt wana line up the front two tubes were a long ways off had to grind over an 1/8nch off the back of the tube to get em together on the front cause they were hitting the frame so hard they were collapsing the tube. also the customer service i got from them sucked which to me is as important if not more important then the fittment so yeah they will not get any of my biz again!!

#10 ·
I got them on fitment was a little tough but after about 2 hours a grinder some clamps and a few good beatings they are on. OK i love the way that they look i like the way they feel my only complaint is for one i dont know how to work the webbing and i thought i got it but now my toe keeps getting stuck in the hole i dont know what to do about it any help advice or ideas?

#11 ·
I think that if you have to bend, grind, fight and cuss to get these nerf bars on, that would definately compromise the structural integrity. Especially when these nerf bars are bolted to the front lower A-arm. Imagine the stress on that bolt....now imagine having a really good ride and all of a sudden that bolt decides to give..... I really don't think that they would be a very safe quality product. As much as these Pro Armor nerf bars are, you'd think they would fit perfect and go on without much effort. That's just my opinion.

I got Alba nerf bars and they went on both of my 700's without any fit issues. I did use grade 8 bolts and nuts instead of what they supplied with the nerf bars because I just feel safer knowing I have a good strong mount to rely on.

Shonie

#12 ·
Got same pro amor nerfs and they rattle like hell. fitment was horrible and they were a bit on the pricey side. They look great but I would never buy them again. got PRM bumper : ) but if only their nerfs weren't so ugly : (

#13 ·
Ive had my fatpegs for about 6 months now and the fitment was pretty bad it took about two hours to get them on, and they rattle alot along with the pro armor skid plate. The rattle is my only complaint, I really like the platform for my feet and the protection that they provide, plus the look pretty cool

#14 ·
In the how-to's, I posted a write-up to double your factory pegs... I like this better than the bulky nerf bars. Check it out for those who are unhappy with theirs.

#15 ·
I really dont understand how several people on here are saying that their nerfs are rattling. The fitment issue i understand. I've installed Pro Armor nerfs on my TRX, two yfz450s and one raptor 350. All of them took about an hour to install due to the fact that the fitment was all effed up, the XX being the worst, but with the help of a tie-down strap, some hammering, kicking and cursing they all eventually went on. I saw no need to grind anything, and like stated above probably isnt a good idea either due to structural integrity. I have plenty of hours on the nerfs and havent noticed any rattling on any of the bikes so all i can say is to check all of your mounts and see if any of the hardware has come loose.

#16 ·
Welds on mine broke after several normal riding hours. Will never buy another Pro Amor product. I will stick with PRM from now. Hopefully yours won't break cuz its not a good feeling

#17 ·
Crash youre lucky cause one of my front mounts was too far forward on the tube had to grind an 1/8th off the face to get ti to line up and had to grind on the back of the opposing tube as well. also everything is tight and the skids and nerfs still RATTLE!!! hate these damn things we race XC and by the end of the race im ready to throw the damn things away the rattle and vibrate so bad!!! ..... they vibrate so bad the center bolt in the pegs have actually wallered (if thats how its spelled) out the hole in the peg mount and are lose even with the bolt so tight i thought i was gona break it..... also they dont stick out far enough after seeing 92ck1500's AC bars and the protection they gave the wheel and tire there are almost 3 lugs on the rzrs stickin out past the nerf. on 92's AC there is bout half or maybe one lug sticking out. personally i think this would make gettin around the trees and pivoting around them easier and not as hard on the wheels,hubs,a-arms etc... in the rearend...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.