Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never used one of these before. Very excited to record my crazyness for years later when I am way too old to do this sort of stuff. Picked up a GoPro Hero 2 Outdoor Edition pkg. Also got the Backpack LCD and a 16GB card. Opted to hold off on the battery pack for now.

If you have any suggestions let me know. Gonna try and get it all figured out tonight and take it riding tomorrow.
:xx:

·
Registered
68 Posts
You're going to have a blast with that camera. You can even flip the image upside down to mount under your quad. Make sure you save your directions so you understand all the features. Believe me there are alot of different things it can do. It even has a time lapse which I can't wait to try. My buddy and I made a video a few months back which we posted here, then we saw the GoPro camera and I finally bought one. I will be purchasing a second one when I get back. Can't wait to edit all my shots together. Keep us posted on your vids.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I would of went with a 32 meg card and the 2nd battery pack before the rear lcd screen. The batteries last about 4hrs max. I usually swap mine out when we take lunch break. And you can d/load the pdf file of directions. If riding in the rain they say to use rain -x on case to help bead water off. Right now I need a new lens for my case. I'm not to good at dodging tree's.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I need a new camera, my dog chewed mine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've seen a lot of shots with the camera pointed at the handle bars or at the sky. Wide angle lenses have lessened the problem, but I'm still glad to see more cameras coming with an LCD option for framing videos.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah... the LCD is a must in my opinion. Here's the funny part, I just took it up for a quick ride and shot a 45 minute video. Got home and registered with youtube and did the verification to allow longer than 15 minute videos. Started uploading my video and it says 235 minutes till finished. Its gonna take 4 hours to upload 45 minutes!

I still have 100 minutes remaining. Can they be any slower?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have also been looking at getting one of these cameras. Please let us know how well it works.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go get it before your next ride. With my accesories and tax it was about $450. The video I shot today was worth that by itself. I now have the ability to look back on my recreation when I'm too old to ride anymore. That is priceless!

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I bought mine it was around $189 but that was the base model. Like Mquick I'm not that good with trees too. I figured I'd save a few bucks and wait till I got home to check the results. I didn't want to drop that much on a camera that might get ripped off the top of my helmet. Oh don't forget to rig up a lanyard in case the mount falls off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would of went with a 32 meg card and the 2nd battery pack before the rear lcd screen. The batteries last about 4hrs max. I usually swap mine out when we take lunch break. And you can d/load the pdf file of directions. If riding in the rain they say to use rain -x on case to help bead water off. Right now I need a new lens for my case. I'm not to good at dodging tree's.
Rain-x now there's an idea I have not tried yet. I have taken it through a lot of water and never thought of trying that out. You should be able to get a new case at Best Buy or Amazon for a few bucks. I have the same problem with low hanging branches and last minute limbs flying into my face when riding.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Rain-x now there's an idea I have not tried yet. I have taken it through a lot of water and never thought of trying that out. You should be able to get a new case at Best Buy or Amazon for a few bucks. I have the same problem with low hanging branches and last minute limbs flying into my face when riding.
I've almost been pulled off my quad a time or two, lol. I don't need the whole case I know they sale them for like $39.95, all I need is the lens replacement. They sale for around $ 19.95 for a kit with 2 lens, one gasket & mounting ring, 6 screws and a screw driver.

http://www.target.com/p/gopro-camera-lens-replacement-kit-black-glk5170/-/A-13718010

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I don't think this video is gonna be available. It finished uploading and then started processing. Its been processing for 15 minutes and still at 0%. Has this stupid notice on my page.
The video you uploaded may have audio/video sync issues. Please refer to this article for advice on how to correct this issue should it arise.

Screw youtube!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was thinking about getting the handlebar mount instead of a helmet mount. I was also afraid of trees knocking it off and maybe not noticing it and lossing the camera. Hmm but I have to decide to get the EHS big 3 or the camera, cant afford both right now.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm gonna play around with mounts, but I bet a handlebar mount on an atv would be way to bumpy to watch and not puke.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hmm good point, I did not really think about that

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I was thinking about getting the handlebar mount instead of a helmet mount. I was also afraid of trees knocking it off and maybe not noticing it and lossing the camera. Hmm but I have to decide to get the EHS big 3 or the camera, cant afford both right now.
I'd get the big3 1st. And maybe just look for a used hero gopro. And if you dont want to use the helmet mount you can try the chest harness. Or do like Matlock racing does, and place a mount on a chest protector. One user on here put there mount just above headlight, and it was a nice camera angle. I still like using the top helmet mount, I've only used my chest harness once or twice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sweet video easystreet! I would love to just pack up my things and do some vacationing and riding out that way some day.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet video easystreet! I would love to just pack up my things and do some vacationing and riding out that way some day.
Labor day weekend in two weeks. How about that? I need some riding partners.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got tired of reading threads on GoPros, so I just ordered a new Hero 2 to replace the Hero my dog chewed up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts