Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished installing a home made snorkel on my xx. It took a couple of hours just because i had no idea where i was going to run my line. I went to a goodyear rubber store in my town and picked up a heavy duty vacuum line (1 1/2 inches wide) went to Home depot and picked up some pvc pipe and 45 and 90 degree elbows and of course pvc cement. i also contacted ESH racing about the billet piece that fills in the existing intake on there intake kits. they sold it to me for 35 bucks which doubled my budget lol. but totally worth it. I kept it real basic and the hardest part was taking a hole saw to my plastic. it took me a couple of breaths. anyways here are some pics. i did some runs for an hour on trials by my house and i havent noticed any change in performance. let me know what you think

Attachments

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
cool!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Cool in deed my friend, you have the worlds firs 73mph vacuum cleaner !!! hahahaha, honestly though, good job, I would have no idea where to snorkel mine at !!!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
cool deal man. i think someone on here actually just sold there xx cause they couldnt figure out how to snorkel it.:lol:

·
Registered
296 Posts
nice idea...., could of used that yesterday. water was higher than i thought...

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Looks pretty good. How did you tie it into the box? Can you get a pic of that?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Don't really see the point of snorkeling a 2wd sport quad but you did it. Just a word of advice the longer your snorkel tube is the harder it will be for your engine to pull the air through it. Try mounting it closer to the throttle body for less power loss.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I snorkeled my 700XX too a while back - i just went out the back for a cleaner look and less clutter...

I went with a snorkel (plus 25" tires, 12 tooth sprocket, skid plates, etc...) because I got tired of riding huge, boring 4x4 bikes and I wanted to see where a 2x4 could get me... It's all my dad rode and they did some CRAZY stuff! haha

I ride long, muddy trails - river and swamp crossings are a regular affair. So far I can keep up to all my buddies (all on big 4x4s) no problem, and I smoke some of them in the mud on a regular basis. haha It also has the added perk of absolutely blowing them away on hill climbs and open stretches!

As for the original intakes and stuff - i just made a plug for the hole and a gasket for the lid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crwh45 i went to home depot and bought a threaded male pvc end and strewed into the left side of airbox and then i had the female end srewed onto the male with a 90 attached to that. then i silicone the hell out of it. lol. i just got the ehs billet plate to fill in the existing intake. all need to do is install it with machine screws and some more silicone. Ill take a pic of the box and lid when its all done on friday.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
looks pretty slick. I probably would of brought it up the back b/c I like to squeeze the seat hard w/ my legs. Great job though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Finally finished it! got my part from EHS racing and im siliconed and ready to go!!
uhhh.... silicone around the air box makes it hard to clean the filter.. just an after thought:nuts:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no silicone around the air box makes my wallet lighter because of the new motor id have to buy lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
I plugged my lid like that (just cut a chunk of plastic to size) but instead of siliconing all around my lid, I just replaced the stock gasket with a thicker one for a tighter fit - I've took it handle bars deep plenty of times and never got a drop of water in! Plus it's a whole lot easier to clean my filter after a dusty run.

·
Registered
302 Posts
uhhh.... silicone around the air box makes it hard to clean the filter.. just an after thought:nuts:
^^^
thats what i was thinkin.... you'd still need to clean the filter every now and then....

·
Registered
354 Posts
no silicone around the air box makes my wallet lighter because of the new motor id have to buy lol

Hey man, i havent done it to my 700 and dont intend to but i did snorkel my polaris as well as my king quad and i just bought a roll of cork for the polaris and get this, NEOPRENE for the king quad.

i just cut it to size using the lid as a template then trimmed the inside with scissors to the width i needed, i made a spare while i was at it, held up nicely and its cheap as hell, not sure if it helps, but its something i found works in the past after learning calking sucks to get off and if you have a problem on the trail, you had better have some with you or you have to stay out of the mud and thats no fun now is it ? Actualy, i even made gaskets for my emissions blockoff on my streetbike and my toyota whn i put the webbers on it, gave some to a friend for a breather he made for a streetbike, blocked off the emissions on a ford f-150, even made a new float bowl gasket for my ol cub cadet...got my money out of that crap for $ure and i still have some left somehow

:yay:

here's a link to where i get some stuff sometimes to keep stuff from leaking

http://www.allstategasket.com/info_gasket_material_style-1168.asp

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey alt1031 - I just cut one to size out of a sheet of rubber.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts