Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I drove 9 hours to the Hatfield trail system to arrive at my cabin and have my brand new 2008 trx700 sittin' there pretty waiting for me. The first ride was on the trails between Gilbert and Mann. I have ridden those trails before with a trx450r a 400ex and a kfx400. None of those machines even comes close to how fast and easily you can cover those trails!! WOW! This thing is so confidence inspiring it is just awesome. I rode with two friends, one on a kfx400 and the other on a bike, xr400. If we decided to light the wick and cover trail as fast as we could they couldn't stay with me at all. And my buddy on the bike is a very seasoned rider. He took my 700 for a spin and couldn't stop smiling for 10 minutes.

I had the dealer install razr's on the back and razr II's on the front, both on the stock wheels. I weigh 185 lbs with gear on, so I set the preload to full soft. The preload could have maybe been a bit harder but for the rocky trails with low altitude jumps it worked pretty good. We put in 350 miles of trail riding in 3 days and I didn't feel beat up or anything. I have been on ATV's since 1984 and haven't been this excited about a machine before.

I guess the reason for this thread is just to rave about how great of a trail machine this thing is, but, I'm sure everyone on here knows all that already.

Oh yeah! The craziest thing happened to me when crossing back into Canada at the Detroit boarder. The customs officer told me and my companions to return to the USA and wash the dirt off the quads as it was not allowed into Canada...:steamed: So into Detroit I go to clean these things up. The customs officer in the US laughed and told me he does it to returning Americans as well...:birds:. Man what a bunch of d!cks!! Obviously pissed because they are in their booth instead of riding a quad. So be warned anyone traveling in over the boarder in either direction make sure you clean them before your return or you may get denied entry.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That is an awesome story,,,,,,,,,,Glad you love the Quad:yay::yay::yay:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
It is amazing there on this machine. I did about that many miles last summer in 3 days, and then I got onto my 450R, and I tell you what, my back really started to hurt b/c of the straight axle and feeling every damn bump.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Is Canadian mud any different from American mud? I would have cleaned the machines, grabbed a mud ball and threw it at him as I was passing through. At the Canadian I mean.:hey:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
So you had it delivered to Hatfield? Thats very cool! Hatfield is a great place to ride! We have a gruop ride going in June. THen we have a group ride going in Oct to Brimstone/Royal Blue. We would love to come up by you for a group ride I have heard there are lots of trails! What time of the year and where is best to come to Canada?

Congrats on the new 700xx!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bet the dirt thing had to do with bringing alien plants into the country.

You're right, that was the story I got from the officer.

Is Canadian mud any different from American mud? I would have cleaned the machines, grabbed a mud ball and threw it at him as I was passing through. At the Canadian I mean.:hey:

I guess our mud is better and they don't want it cross contaminated...:hey: I thought about throwing something at him, yes the Canadian. But I didn't want to have the anal probe performed on me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you had it delivered to Hatfield? Thats very cool! Hatfield is a great place to ride! We have a gruop ride going in June. THen we have a group ride going in Oct to Brimstone/Royal Blue. We would love to come up by you for a group ride I have heard there are lots of trails! What time of the year and where is best to come to Canada?

Congrats on the new 700xx!!!
Yep, delivered right to our cabin. It was awesome! There isn't really much riding around me. I have to drive 1-2 hours to get to any decent trails. I do hop over to Michigan from time to time as there are some really nice areas around Gladwin. In Canada we have an area similar to Hatfield up in Quebec. Lots and lots of trails and you can ride through some of the smaller towns as well, but Hatfield is actually closer to me as I am only 45 minutes away from the Detroit boarder crossing.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Have you ever watch Dirt Trax on Outdoor Channel, the crew is from Ontario and they have shown many nice trails in Ontario near the big lakes.

Here's their link; http://www.dirttraxtv.com/

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you ever watch Dirt Trax on Outdoor Channel, the crew is from Ontario and they have shown many nice trails in Ontario near the big lakes.

Here's their link; http://www.dirttraxtv.com/
Never seen the show but you have to understand that Ontario is one huge province. It is over 400,000 square miles big. For a comparison the state of Kentucky is about 40,000. Yup 10 times larger. And all the really good trail systems are in the north and I am way down in the south. That's why Hatfield is closer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The trails are pretty sandy and tend to be a bit whooped out in areas. I can't wait to try the 700 on these trails now. Also like to hit Silver Lake Sand Dunes, this place is awesome fun. I need to get me some paddle tires for this summer:hey:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
The trails are pretty sandy and tend to be a bit whooped out in areas. I can't wait to try the 700 on these trails now. Also like to hit Silver Lake Sand Dunes, this place is awesome fun. I need to get me some paddle tires for this summer:hey:
Thought about going up there this summer but my riding buddies can't go so I won't since it's a long ride for 1 person.

Lucky you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts