Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i see a difference if i only change my air filter for a K&N?

this is ok for engine without controller?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i just saw lil better torque an top end with a uni....k&n flows better than uni but i dosnt block as much dust....
and i ride with my lid off mostly

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would suggest UNI because K&N has been known to let in dust and even sand that will damage your engine. K&N has better flow but it is also more boner able to damaging particles.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I had a k&n on me pick up and I don't drive in dusty conditions and it let dust threw. My intake tube was pretty dusty after only about 5,000 miles. I wouldn't use one on a quad. The uni is the way to go!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Is there a reason he calls himself Chubby? And maybe he couldn't think of Vulnerable?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went riding last weekend upstate ny nd it was very dusty. At the eld of the day I opened up the cover and my prefilter outerwear on the k&n wAs filthy. The next day I went to clean it and there was not one spec of dust in my intake tube. I wouldn't use anything but k&n

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the xx tube is smooth u gota cheack in the tb...... an it couldnt bin that dusty its bin rainin alot up here

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
LOLz yeah english is my 2nd language and according to my mac that was correct : )

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HEHE, my choice is done!!!!

i will go with UNI

and some1 have a pics of uni filter, mount on trex?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a K&N on my turboed Rhino. Never been a problem taking in dirt or dust until I rode on some roads in Co. this summer that was a very fine dust. It would cake up on the filter and when I cleaned it, there was some very fine dust inside the throat of the carb. I made an outer cover from foam on the outside of the K&N and oiled it like the K&N. Made a huge difference. On my prior Chevy diesel, I ran a K&N until I had an oil analysis done and it showed a high silicone content. Went back to the stock filters. Decided to try one on my '08 diesel and found out that it sucks all the oil off of the K&N and messes up the Mass Air Sensor and would go into limp mode. Would have to use a cleaner to get going again. Also went back to the stockers on it. On the other hand, I have run a K&N with an outer ware on my Raptor since '01 with no known problems. Just my 2 cents worth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts