Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching about them and heard that they can let dirt, mud ect. in more easy than the stock air filter is this true???

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate, I dont like K&N I live in Aus and the dust just passes straight through them. I use a Pro Design Filter (sponge) with the pre-filter back up. In Aus we have the finest dust on Earth and it dosent get past a Pro Design. Man the standard Filter is fine as long as its oiled properly.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Pretty much if you aren't going to be in dusty areas, then the KN is fine, you can also get a prefilter-outerwear as a bunch of people do and they don't have problems. A lot of people here use Uni though, which is just like stock but allows more air to flow and has a better cage. Just be sure to clean it all the time and oil it properly, no matter what you get.

·
Registered
671 Posts
In Aus we have the finest dust on Earth
I don't know, you have never been through a Nevada silt bed, they keep me up at night when I think about them!:cry: Stuff is like water, I have actually had the silt "splash" over me. Silt beds are the work of the devil! haha

Any heavy dust I would recomend a foam filter. The only place I would run a K&N is in the dunes, maybe.

Doug

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go with the UNI and dont look back...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts