Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have never had a problem getting a K&N clean, no matter how dirty. Just soak it with the K&N cleaner and let it sit for 20-30 mins. Then wash it out with a garden hose from the inside out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
On my K&N I spray the cleaner on it and let it soke for 30 minutes and then rinse it from the inside out. It's always come very clean. I have a question about oiling though...Once it's clean and dry I use a K&N aerosol oil can and spray the filter till the entire filter is red again. Is this correct or should I be soaking it in oil. I always thought that if you put too much oil in the filter that would restrict the air flow.
Per K&N, you should follow the pleats with the tip of the aerosol can and saturate each pleat on the filter with the oil. It is also very important to never clean a gauze style filter from the outside or use any kind of pressurized water or air. That will force the particles through the gauze and ruin the filter. I have been using K&N filters and outerwears on my quads and vehicles for 15 years and have never had one problem with them allowing dirt into the intake tract.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts