Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About time for my first oil change and I am going to be a long way from home when I have to do it. Purchased a K&N yesterday and it looks pretty small to me. The number on it is KN 116. Does this sound right? The number was right out of the book. When I had a Rincon, it was a much bigger filter. I am guessing it is maybe 2" in diameter, and about that long also. Help appreciated... :thanks:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I use K&N filters and I think mine are part # kn112

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wasn't sure so I had the guy look up a 450R and it was even smaller. I think it was a 112. Didn't take it out of the box and compare. They may be the same diameter and the 450R just shorter. I thought I had read on here where some were saying the Honda part numbers were the same for the two bikes. I guess I should have bought from the Honda dealer. At least for the first time so I would have an idea of the size.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Just called my friend that rides a 450 and he uses part # KN-116 for his bike. I looked at all my K&N boxes and mine are all K&N 112 for my XX.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will see if I can contact K&N. Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. Back to the parts store. Called them and they looked it up again and it is supposed to be a 112. Thanks for eveyone's help. I sure would have been ticked if I had of gotten out to Az. and it was the wrong one and no place close to get one. Thanks for everyone's input. What a great site. :)

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Ok. Back to the parts store. Called them and they looked it up again and it is supposed to be a 112. Thanks for eveyone's help. I sure would have been ticked if I had of gotten out to Az. and it was the wrong one and no place close to get one. Thanks for everyone's input. What a great site. :)
No problem, have fun in AZ.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wildman-please tell me that is a typing error ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.