Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
price for price and quality for quality which is better ? i see the K&N filters for the xx are around 100 bucks such as the modquad, but uni are around 30 so which is really the best ( performance wise )

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
IMO a UNI is better by far. A K&N floes more, but unless you are anal about cleaning, it'll let dirt through. Regardless of what aftermarket filter you have and how much it flows, the throttle body is now the bottle neck of the intake tract.

·
Registered
445 Posts
IMO a UNI is better by far. A K&N floes more, but unless you are anal about cleaning, it'll let dirt through. Regardless of what aftermarket filter you have and how much it flows, the throttle body is now the bottle neck of the intake tract.
Wise words.........

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
UNI here. Threw my K&N away!

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
i perfer the uni over k&n any day
Damn you were looking way back to find this 3 year old thread. K&N is way better than he Uni or any other foam filter IMO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just ordered the uni yesterday. going to the oregon dunes at the end of the month. i have been torn between K&N or UNI. maybe i should order both?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Uni does the job and keeps dust out of the motor but as far as performance goes the K&N is much better IMO.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I has a K&N and have read so many different places where they say dont use them as they are very poor at filtering..
checked mine which also had outerwear and the inlet manifold was absolutely full of dust...
Will never touch k&n again!

·
Registered
38 Posts
K&n is 100% junk, It's good for dusting your motor and that is it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts