Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while since ive posted on here. Since my last post my fiancee got her very own 700xx. She loves it, but she wants my tires, (razr's) exhaust, (fmf factory 4.1) and my front bumper (dg Vlite). Well the bad news is she's gonna get it all. On the way home from our mem day ride mine let go of its guts. Blew the whole front of the cylinder out. Oh well. My question is this. What would you do build wise to yours if this happened to yours. I need a new cyl & piston the head is scarred a little but prolly fixable. I need advise and help. Well at least I got my girls ride to fall back on even though my cousin, who owns a graphics co girled hers up. Looks like a very long summer. Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coming home on the blacktop. Less than a mile from my house. Def sux i loved that bike. I thought about byuing a cyl and getting one of the alba kits but who knows. Im still not over the shock yet.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So....... what happened? I don't want mine to do that.:hey:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
u got any pics

·
Registered
333 Posts
:stupid: Last year at the dunes in Sand Lake, OR... there was a kid there and he stuffed a 07 gsx-r 600cc in his craptor... and lemme tell you... that thing was FREAKIN WICKED!!!! it was retarded fast... i didnt talk to him so i dont know what he was runnin for sprockets, but EVERYBODY was watchin him... he was drag racing sand rails with 5, 6, 700 hp and only losing by a length... it was ridonculous!

anyway, i vote for the 600cc 4 bang-her :yay:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I like the idea of the 600. Big job and couldnt ride in the woods again.
im sure one could still figure out how to manage it in the woods still :mad: :lmao:

·
Registered
333 Posts
wonder how far to the right you would have to offset the motor to line up the sprockets.
again... im sure one could make it happen if he/she were inventive enough... and it would be ridonkulous fast if someone could

·
Registered
333 Posts
and the answer is..... Jackshaft. so im told :hey:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
A turbo setup on the XX motor would be allot simpler and cheaper. I know installing a CBR engine has mega cool points but if performance is the main objective I'd personally run a turbo.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The 4 banger would be pretty heavy!
The cbr weighs like 350lbs or something close to that... My 220lb friends ride it all the time and they more than haul ass on it... The 4 banger is more than capable of hauling ass with 700lbs on board. That said...

I have to agree with smooth, a turbo makes much more sense, unless of course one is just after the mega cool points that would come with a 1 liter dos equis :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
1000!

CBR 600 motor??? WTF :nuts:... If you are going to go through all the work to custimize a ATV like that go big or go home, GSXR 1000, CBR 1000 (IMO i dislike the larger street bike motors) or equilivant. Might as well be cranking out 180HP :yay:.

I have personally always wanted to drop a CBR 1000 motor on an atv frame but just can't find the time. Plus I am pretty inexperienced in fabricating parts that actually look good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts