Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been planning on replacing my stock tires with bear claws for the rear (24x10-11) and maxxis razr (23x7-10) for the front. However, I just noticed that the bear claws are available in 23x7-10 as well. Anyone running these as front tires on sport bikes or is that just for the 4x4's?

Also, as a side question, will 23" razr's clear alba nerfs? Ive various comments that 23" tires are a very tight fit with these nerfs.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I had them before. They fit fine. I wouldn't recommend them though. I switched to razrs up front and am much happier

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i was looking for input from someone who as actually tried it! I guess I will stick with the original idea of claws in the back and razrs up front.
Are razr 2's that much better than the original razr's? (theres a 60 dollar difference for 2 tires)

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
To bad Rocky rasied the price on the Kutters @ over $90 each, Im glad I got mine when I did. The claws should be good and thats alot of tire 24x10x11 and those are listed under $70

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yes the 2s are worth it! The tread depth is much deeper. The claws are good to consider also. May I ask what kind of riding you do that you want the Bear Claws in the rear? I had them in the rear also so I may be able to provide an idea of what to expect and see if they are what you are really looking for so you don't end up wasting money or being disappointed.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I had claws on the back of my warrior before and loved them. I do a lot of trail riding requiring high clearance (which is why i want to go to a 24" tall tire) and a little mud. I also use the bike for hunting and that can lead to some muddy areas as well. I dont ride in enough mud to justify a 4x4, but the stock tires are really limiting this thing.
I would consider razrs for the rear but the biggest they come in is 22" and theyre 45 dollars more per compared to the bear claws.

edit: just because I really liked the bear claws on my warrior doesnt mean that im not open to other suggestions, any input is welcome

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Honestly you will only gain 1" of clearance from going with the 24" over the 22" which isnt a ton and personally Ive seen the Kenda Kutters or Claw go through just as much mud as I did with the Bear Claw plus they were easier to slide around if needed. They are a little more $$ but a better all around tire. Also remember with the taller tire you will need to change your front sprocket to keep the stock gearing

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice looking bike, makes me want them even more. What width are those tires? (im guessing theyre on 10" rims? i dont see a 22" tall for an 11" rim)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.