Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forums but just wanted to give a quick review of the Kenda bear claws. I got them in size 24/9/11. They rub only when you lean back on the fenders. I was going places last Saturday that I would have never tried before. I was in mud up to the skid plate and it just kept going! Never did it get stuck or anywhere close to getting stuck. Even rescued a Raptor 700 and then beat him on the race home! :xx: Here are some pics.

Next up are new front Kenda Kutters to balance the look of the bike.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Good job on the Raptor! You can't post pics like that and not give some details on that pipe. What is it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pipe is a Titanium and carbonfiber Akrapovic exhaust. Its off of my brothers R1. He changed to a full system and gave the slipons for me to use on other projects. I put one on my KTM supermoto and the other I adapted to use on my TRX. I had to fab a adapter pipe to fit the stock header. Spent a long time with a pipe bender to get the angle that I wanted. I did'nt want the normal straight out the rear look, so I bent it up and out to flow with the extreme angle of the fender. Pics dont do it justice. It sounds great and I just got a fuel tuner, so it runs great as well. I get alot of complliments out in the offorad area. Because of the angle it stays out of the way and free of any damage. Also looks tits.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...and I'll switch to Kenda Kutters in the summer on the rear but for the sloppy stuff and in winter these are amazing! I mostly ride trails so I only see mud in the fall/winter. I'd prefer a lower profile tire for mountain trails, but I think these would still do great. Can't say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Im suprised he didnt stick that thing on ebay or you should. The akrapovic exhaust isnt cheap by any means. With the profit you would bring in if you sold it, you would almost be able to buy a full atv exhaust. Just an idea. My buddy had the same exhaust on his GSXR 750.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest I dont like any of the atv exhausts. They all kinda look the same, big and low tech. I an happy with my Akrapovic, I put alot of work into it and its unique. The pipe has a cosmetic blemish from his track lowside, so it wouldnt bring much anyway. In the spring I'm going to get the FMF header and adapt this exhaust to work on that. For now the UNI filter, pipe and programmer opened the bike up nicely. I am installing the 13 tooth next to bring my gearing back down from the GIANT rear tires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any tires are better on the hard pack then the stock tires. Mine were bald when I bought the bike, so anything was a step up. I ran this thing at top speed and didnt notice them walking all over or anything. I'll have more to report come spring and everything dries up.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have/had the same tires a 13t is a must and if you are in really technical stuff a 12t isn't a bad idea either. If you want to slide the rear end on the hard pack then the l8ton swaybar is a must

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had these tires in a 25x12.5x11 and they got awesome traction. But they made it ride like a buck board and didnt handle that well either at high speeds. I got rid of them an ordered a set of the kenda kutter's which should be delivered tomorrow. However I'm thinking of getting a pair of the 24x9x11 and studding them for ice fishing I think they would do well for that. I agree that anything is better than stock tires (especially bald) I know from experience.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I also had the 12 and 13t sprocket. I have the 11/16" l8ton swaybar now but didn't when I had the bear claws.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
L8ton swaybar is up next, I want this beast to turn! Might go with the 9/16. I like the ride to remain as comfortable as possible. I sold my KTM 450 dirtbike because I was tired to getting beat up.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It will be worth the wait. My favorite mod as of yet

·
Registered
392 Posts
^^^^^Agree

·
Registered
89 Posts
i ordered new rims and gotten the 22-12-10 bear klaws and they are amazing, i got them to late to try in the mud but i have had some bad days falling through ice that i know it will be hard to get stuck, they are a nce stiff tire that will get traction when you need it, if you want to slide they will slide niceley.. i don't think they handle bad at all, but then i don't know what a good tire handles like either.. just a good cheap mud tire

1 - 18 of 18 Posts