Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks, thought I would do a quick review of the Kenda Kutter. First up these must be the most aggresive looking tyre on the planet with super aggressive and a high tread pattern, they dont slide as good as the Maxxis but with a bit more wear I reckon they will, straight out traction these things flat hose the Maxxis in all conditions and I could not believe it not one flat. These tyres are a bit taller than the Maxxis and some may want to re-gear but I am happy with them. At $160each thats $55 cheaper than the Maxxis and I reckon they could last a lot longer also.

Sorry Folks I put this in the wrong section

Regards Overlord

·
Registered
211 Posts
I found them to slide much better than the razrs...

I wont ever look back to the razrs again, 11 plugs and one inside patch between the two rear razrs was the actual final count. Ive got 4 days of HARD riding on the kutters now and they still have the original air in them... never could have done that with the razrs, hell I had two plugs in them the first day out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
$160 ea!!!!! Thats like dble the price of Maxxis!! $80-82 ea!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Blak92, mate with the sliding your probably right, i had just put a set of Ohlin's on the rear so with a bit more fine tuning I will get them to slid predictably. Man I beat you on the flats 17 plugs between two tyres. Man I asked this question to everyone why would you build a tyre with so much sidewall boldge because thats wear most of my flats were. You gota agree the Maxxis are only good for smoke signals now.

Regards Overlord

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boys, calm down that is each we are from Australia, we have a Government that tax's the life right out of ya let me tell ya. You boys dont know how lucky you all are. $80 for one Maxxis try $220 In Aus.

Regards Overlord

·
Registered
211 Posts
DAMN man, lol.... Im thinking they might only make good flower planters and thats it... The sidewalls on those things were junk, I compared the two when I pulled them off and the kendas were much tougher. Myabe not an ITP sidewall, but darn close. Good luck with em man. Ive got elkas on the rear, just just picked up a set of used houser arms and Ohlins front shocks. Gonna wait untill after the race though in two weeks to put them on, not enough time to get them dialed in. I had to be patient getting the rears dialed in, never done it b4, took some time but WELL worth it in the end!!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I paid $82 each but in the USA and they are great but did notice when climbing steep rock hill they tend to slide towards the lower side of the hill but that might be due to the pressure which was at 6 psi, pretty sure if I would have drop the psi to 4, they would have done much better.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Boys, calm down that is each we are from Australia, we have a Government that tax's the life right out of ya let me tell ya. You boys dont know how lucky you all are. $80 for one Maxxis try $220 In Aus.

Regards Overlord
Yeah, I saw thats where you were from... Wow man, I didnt think that would even be possible to be that bad. My appologies Hos : )

·
Registered
211 Posts
I paid $82 each but in the USA and they are great but did notice when climbing steep rock hill they tend to slide towards the lower side of the hill but that might be due to the pressure which was at 6 psi, pretty sure if I would have drop the psi to 4, they would have done much better.

Was it loose coal stuff though? Cause I noticed, as did the wife, that these things really dig in and through the roost way more than the razrs. I had ~6.5# cold in mine this weekend.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No sweat Blak92, mate any info on the rear set up, from what I know they need more preload ,more compression and more rebound than normal correct.

regards Overlord

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Haven't tried them out in my area as of yet, we were in Hatfield on the Buffalo Trail and they were basically just plain old big rocks but not boulders, Nicky was in front of me with my razors and she did not slide at all but they are set at 5 psi.

·
Registered
287 Posts
no problem Blak92!
Are those radials??

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mate I dont think they are.

Regards Overlord

·
Registered
369 Posts
were can i order some of these tires can someone please give me a link because i have looked and cant find any

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mate, I got them from Joes Motorcycles in the ACT. There was only 10 sets bought into Aus so I would order ASAP. I already have a new set waiting as soon as I wear this set out. Man I dont know who the importer for Kenda is.

Overlord

·
Registered
392 Posts
Any updates from anyone on these tires being available sometime this year!!!!! :thanks:

·
Registered
392 Posts
.......starting to hate my xx... tooo much power with bald tires.. cant hardly go no where. WHEN WILL US 700XX RIDERS BE ABLE TO GET FREAKING TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 195 Posts