Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 661 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
The trails there vary from rocky to fast and easy, no real steep climbs, but some rocky areas. lots of sand and rock. Turkeyfoot is a 9.5 mile out and back trail, and S-tree is a 9 mile out and back trail, with a 4.5 mile loop the the campground. There are other trails in the area, but I'm not fully familiar with them. We could explore, but it's best to be with a local that knows the trails.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You can typically cover Turkeyfoot and S-Tree in about 6 hours of riding. It's a good day ride, but honestly it's not a huge epic all day ride. We typically do 40-50 miles in a day down there, covering the legal trails and a little exploring.

·
Registered
788 Posts
What do you guys normally bring to the trails? Gas wise how many gallons? Should I bring my tool kit and air tank or is that something you guys have? Beer????

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
definitely bring your air tank. i don't have one. i'll be bringing my tools. My truck has a power inverter in the bed so we'll have access to a power source. i'm gonna bring extra oil and a cooler with some cold drinks and snacks. i would think a couple gallons of gas should be good? If i need to bring more somebody let me know.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I typically bring a small cooler with a couple gatorades and some snacks, and a full tank of gas. A camelback would be good on the longer trails where we are away from the trucks for a while. We likely won't need to refill, but I usually go through about 2/3 to 3/4 a tank down there.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Awesome. This will be the first ride with someone with a go-pro. I guess I will just fill the tank and bring about five extra gallons. I also have some oil and some plugs I will bring. I will grab my air tank from the job site.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
A little bit of everything from what it sounds like. The hills shouldn't be real steep? It says less than 30% grade on the website.
I only have one battery for my gopro. It usually will last about 2.5hrs. so i'll only turn it on when we find a spot to play, doing wheelies and some jumps and things like that.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So is the count now four? Red N Black, Kygoat, 700 Woodsrider and myself?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
The weather channel says 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms for the McKee area on Saturday. Hopefully it'll stay dry.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey guys I am new to this site, I usually ride with 700woodsrider but have been really busy with the kids sports. I live in Northern Kentucky as well, I got really excited seeing all the people around me looking for someone to ride with. I would love to make it down this weekend to ride with you guys but once again we have a football game on Saturday so no ride for me. I would like to meet up with you guys sometime and ride though. I guess I better tell you guys I do not own a 700xx. I have a Polaris Outalw 500, if we do get to ride I will try and keep up with you. Thanks for the invite this weekend 700woodsrider, sorry you have had to ride by yourself so much this year, but like you said at least you are getting to ride, I have not been on mine since we went to Brimstone.

·
Registered
788 Posts
That sucks you cant make the ride this weekend. I live in Ohio and am always looking for new people to ride with. So we will meet up next time.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
It doesn't matter that you don't have a XX. I'll ride with anybody that wants to ride! My buddy has a predator 500 and he keeps up with me just fine. He does high center on occasion but that doesn't stop him!

61 - 80 of 661 Posts