Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

kfx 450 shocks

6K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Baxter 
#1 ·
has anyone tried them I have a friend that just put some on his xx

he said they worked great but im not convinced thier shorter but he said ground clearance didnt change but the travel might have changed
a bit

#2 ·
ya there shorter and have way less spring rate. I have a pair I was going to put on then I tried with the honda springs and they where almost toped out. with the kfx springs maxed out they sit about 3-4 in lower than the stock shocks. But on a side note they are comp and rebound adj and ride great on the 08 450r kfx.

#3 · (Edited)
well he swears they didnt change the ride hight but like I said im not convinced here is a pic he sent me and a pic of my bike im calling bull$hit looks alot lower to me

#6 · (Edited)
yeah im sure it is not as bad as it looks in the pic the angle of the shot is a bit different and my camera doesn't zoom out as far as his

but I still see a difference ill know for sure this weekend as we have a race ill take a side by side shot to be for sure

#8 ·
Yep direct bolt on but like we have been saying the spring rate and travel is not correct.

#9 · (Edited)
The 2008 kfx 450r shocks are NOT a direct bolt on. the bottom bushing has a bigger bolt hole and is longer,and larger diametor. the top you have to cut also cuse it is to wide. fully extended they are only 16 and a half inches.I did kind of half ass them on my quad and they where great but they make the front of it look like a lowrider. I can pull off a 700 shock and take pics beside a kfx 450 shock for comparsion if any one wants me to.

#12 ·
im not sure what year his are but I know he didnt do anything to them

#13 ·
There is a huge difference in the length, length of the stroke, and the travel of the shock vs. the a-arm. I can lengthen the stock kfx450r shocks by 2" which would correct the travel. Springs and revalve service is required to make it happen.

Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension

#14 ·
and after that it would be about as much as stage 2 elkas :eek:hno:

I would rather save my $$$ and order fox shocks next year

thanks josh

#15 ·
well I know the bolts were the same on the bottom mounts went right in no play no slack no nothing ... as far as the top all it required was a few thousandths with a file just a quick coouple swipes and away they go lol ... but i have to say getting the nose down makes the damn thing turn and slide like it should finally ...

#16 ·
holly crap you finally got back on here
well I guess I was wrong you didnt tell me that now I look like a jacka$$ lol

#17 ·
yes im back dude lol ... ok now im gona stick my foot in my mouth here i went by my friends who i got the shocks from we did a lil more research come to find out these are kfx400 shocks not 450sbut they still have comp reb and preload adjustments now the 64 dollar question is for josh can you still do what we talked about with these as well bro for the same price we came up with??? if so im gona still do it man

#18 ·
lol ok we ran our first race with these new shocks I dont think they passed the test

ok totally way to soft plus it is shorter as well and @ 600+ to rebuild them elkas could be cheaper of course you wouldnt get all the adjustments with elkas around that price so its like stage 2 elkas with comp. and rebound for 2/3s the price

#19 ·
The elka stage 2 (piggyback, compression, and pre-load) are really nice. Retail on those is $940. To redo the front shocks it would cost $565.00 and you have piggyback reservoirs, compression, rebound, and pre-load on the OEM shocks. The elka's you have no rebound control.

Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension

#20 ·
cool deal josh we will be looking at doing something before next season im just not sure if it will be the kfx,elkas or fox

if I can get the funds I would like the fox
thanks for all your help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.