Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
574 Posts
I haven't been riding much, or had the time or location to work on it. :/

Going riding this weekend with Jeff (5w0p3) though!

Just giving you shit. You probably have excuses like spending time with your family and moving across the country. I just cant stand it when something doesn't work right, won't leave it alone until I figure it out.

· Registered
574 Posts
OK, accidental sarcasm.
It has gotten me in trouble more than once.

Back on topic.

Glad to hear your back to full power.:yay:

More often than not it turns out to be something basic. Now if I could just teach my mechanics that......:nuts:

· Registered
574 Posts
Maybe you just need to go over the K.I.S.S. concept with them?

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid
Yes I have tried, and tried, and tried.:steamed:

They still want to install an important part on a piece of equipment that needs a battery, ie: "I think the computer is bad". Did you check the battery? :steamed: Deer in the headlights look.

· Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Reminds me on the "directions" test in grade school where the day before they have a class telling you to review all the directions before starting with the first one. You could tell the people that did because they all read through them and then turned it in at the specified last instruction time.

I say this, but ofter i don't follow this and make working on stuff very, very hard on myself.

· Registered
258 Posts
i agree with the idea of bypassing the controller, you may find even that when you cahanged the map im guessing you had to pick your controller up, you may have a pulled a wire loose, if bypassing the controller works, check all the pin connections for loose/bent pins, if bypassing works and you have no loose pins is it easy to change your map back, caus you may find something went wrong with the download, im guessing that the controller takes a few sec to perform a slef check and it will run while doing this and if it has a fault it will shut down

· Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
i agree with the idea of bypassing the controller, you may find even that when you cahanged the map im guessing you had to pick your controller up, you may have a pulled a wire loose, if bypassing the controller works, check all the pin connections for loose/bent pins, if bypassing works and you have no loose pins is it easy to change your map back, caus you may find something went wrong with the download, im guessing that the controller takes a few sec to perform a slef check and it will run while doing this and if it has a fault it will shut down
tried that first. :)

It was the valves being WAY out of adjustment.

· Registered
258 Posts
i forgot to read the last 3 pages of this before i posted my comments, its odd tho that it started fine with valve adjustment been out

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.