Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I read through peoples comments on YouTube and ATV forums about the 700XX, the number one complaint is "It's a POS because it doesn't slide!" You can tell who has never riden a 700xx because they're the only ones hating on it lol. Yeah it's bigger and heavier than most sport quads, but it's such an amazing quad. With endless torque and a cloud like ride, I'll put up with an extra 100lbs any day. I laugh as I see the solid axle quads get tossed around like a rag doll on these rocky California trails. And with a little riding adjustment, you can definitely make her slide easily around turns.

But the next time you hear someone complaining that the 700XX sucks because it doesn't slide, show them this picture and have them explain what is happening... (100% stock suspension)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i hear you every body thinks you need a bigger sway bar , shocks, ect., but the front shocks do suck , but i can do every thing i used to do on my 400ex, powerslide, drift,and donuts with no problem. there is just a bunch of non riding people that cant adapt to the uniqueness of the 700xx . once i figured out how to ride it ill probaly will never go straight axle again , i love the way the xx handles . if i raced i would do mx on it too but i am a trail rider/ mx rider and dont race anymore . i agree with you totally. kenda 6ply tires make it handle better too and gbc x rexs in the rear 22-10-10 and 22-7-10 kutters up front is an awsesome trail setup.:xx:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I don't think anyone believes it doesn't slide at all, but it definitely doesn't slide as easy or as well as a SRA quad.
you all just cant figure it out the riding style and technique that is bs:xx:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am completely aware of all the XX haters. I have been in the Raptor scene for years. Those guys love to make cracks about the XX. I always stayed out of it. I had never ridden the XX, so I was in no position to critize. On top of that I have been a die hard Honda fan since the mid 80's. I agree that the XX is slidable, but there is still a difference. If you need proof, go out and try and do that same slide in your photo on asphalt. You can do that on SRA. I wouldn't try it on my XX.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
I can drift on the asphalt with mine, I've done it several times not trying too, but just trying to keep up with the crowd. I do have the L8ton sway bar and Kutters about 60% tread left.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I've ride different atv's all the time. Out of the 4 that I own will all ways choose the 700xx first just because of the ride and power... It's my Happy Place =)

And I have no problems making the back end slide....

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
:coffee: Not sure what that means, but if you read again, I said it doesn't slide as easy and with as little effort as a SRA quad does, which it doesn't. Not saying that is good or bad, just a fact.
I am with Admin on this one. The xx can and will slide "most" of the time ,just as easy as a SRA, but the xx has it's limits.One setup doesn't work for everything. You just have to experience the high speed push , too relize this. Think 5th (13t front) throttle wide open and guess what ,No steering.
This is just my experience though.:nuts:

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Think 5th (13t front) throttle wide open and guess what ,No steering. This is just my experience though.:nuts:

Try the l8ton swaybar or dura blue. You would be amazed at how much push it takes away.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
One thing..... Weight transfer !!!! Get that ass of the seat & transfer the rider weight & it will do what you want it to. Just don't do it half way. I ride mine & some riders tell me they think I'm falling of the quad but it does & goes were I tell it to go. I do have to say I'm 6'3 270lbs so I do influence the quad when I lean in to it !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Try the l8ton swaybar or dura blue. You would be amazed at how much push it takes away.
Got one ordered for a race in October.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
all you can do is try one out , from everybodys input on the part , it is the shit. i like the way mine handles know ,but i will give in an get one eventually:hey::xx:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts