Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock front tires are well overdue for some replacements. I have narrowed my search to Kenda Klaw XC 23x7-10 or Kenda Kutter xc 22x7-10. I initially wanted to go with the Kutter but then realized they don't come in a 23" tire, but I did find the Klaw in a 23". I was curious how the tire height will affect the ride. Of course it will have increased ground clearance but how will the increased height affect corning, turning radius etc....of course the stock front tires are 21". Any knowledge, opinion or experiences with any of these tires will help, I also looked at the Maxis Rzr 2's but don't want to pay for them. I mainly ride in the coal region of Pennsylvania, mostly trails(open and tight wooded), some rocky areas, hill climbs and pretty much everything other then sand.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
23" will rub some nerfs. I'm wondering what you have on the rear? The Klaw will be better in mud, and the Kutter will be great in all the conditions you mention above. I have the Rzr II's and they are sweet. I herd the Kutters will rattle your teeth at high speeds on the black top.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running rzr's on the back. I don't have nerf bars so I am not worried about the tires rubbing if I went with a 23. One of my concerns about the kutters is what you mentioned, I wonder how the kutters would be on a hard packed dirt road. There is still coal mining where I ride,there are large dirt roads in the mountains where the equipment can get around. I wonder how the kutters would be on those roads at higher speeds.

I was hoping to hear from someone who is using the kutters up front.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've had both kutters and the Razor IIs. I prefer the Razor IIs on the front of mine. The kutters do seem to slip on wet rocks/grass a lot easier when in technical sections compared to the Razor IIs.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rastled- Did you find that the Kutters cause a lot of vibration while riding, other then blacktop.

Thanks for the link I will look into the GBC's

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Any one know where to get them cheap now a days? I know Rocky Mountain jacked the price up on them awhile back. I'm glad I got mine when i did for under $75 each!

·
Registered
671 Posts
http://www.atvtiresbarn.com/xrextires.htm
These are the same as razr II's but a lot cheaper.
Craven7786, have you bought from this place before? or has anyone on here bought from them before? Their price on the 23" front x-rex's is ALOT cheaper then anywhere else I can find, just wondering if they are legit or not. Was going to order some here in the next week or so.

Doug

·
Registered
138 Posts
Craven7786, have you bought from this place before? or has anyone on here bought from them before? Their price on the 23" front x-rex's is ALOT cheaper then anywhere else I can find, just wondering if they are legit or not. Was going to order some here in the next week or so.

Doug
Yea was thinking of buying some too but was wondering if they were legit also.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought some Gbc gators from them a few months ago, they changed the name of the site since then but the layout is identical, and if you type in the old URL it takes you there. So you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The original question was Kutter vs Klaws . Klaws hands down . You'll never find a better tyre to put on the front.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with Baxter, I love my 23x7x10 Klaws on the front. I have been running the Bear Klaws 24x10x11 on the rear but just purchased the Kenda Kutter XC's 22x9x11 for the rear. The Bear Klaws worked fine, rode 3 different weekends at Hatfield and McCoys and they did fine. I just felt for this bike the smaller, stiffer and shorter sidewall with suit my riding better. Both are very tough 6 ply tire, if I didn't tear them up riding the Outlaw trails in WV, they they are tough. BTW, Rocky Mtn. has a ton of Kenda Kutter XC's in stock too !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I think I'm going to go with the 23" klaws. I contacted kenda yesterday to get their inputs on both tires. I told them I do mainly trail riding. They said the kutter is more of a race tire, that the klaw is more suited for trails. Also the klaw will have more contact to the ground, plus he said the klaw would be a softer ride then the kutter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts