Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Yeah the side to side is what im looking for the sway bar to help with. thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well I see solid axle bikes bounce side to side as well through them. But that's mostly rider error. Land one with the bars a little crooked and it will go one way, then you end up fighting it back and forth over correcting the rest of the way through them.

The IRS could make this worse by letting the rear wheels move separately, but it wont make that much of a difference IMO.

It's 30% trail, 60% rider 10% machine IMO.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I just got home from riding. It did great in sand, did so much better in the woods than before, and rode the same through the whoops.

So if you can ride the whoops stock you will be fine with the bar. It may be a LITTLE more springy on the back but that could just be me.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The bar definately helps with the side to side

·
Registered
34 Posts
got 11/16 easy to install
i like the way it turns very happy
fast shiping

·
Registered
151 Posts
11/16 one word sums it up WOW! if i had to do it all over again this would have been the very first thing i bought i still have stock suspension and this bar made my xx easier to ride and work better everywhere.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey Kyle any of those 9/16 bars yet.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
i am interested in buying a sway bar. first a few questions, (sorry if they are stupid i am a newbie) this is a rear sway bar correct? and i ride trails that arent too rocky, mostly hard packed dirt with few loose rocks, and mostly at reading anthracite which is a loose coal type riding, with rocks. i was wodering which bar would be best for me i am 16 years old and weigh about 155. thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes, it is for the rear.

The 9/16 is a happy medium between the two. With the right suspension/tire setup it will slide okay on grass/hard dirt.

In gravel/loose stuff you can slide no problem.

The 11/16 is pretty stiff, can slide on anything.

With what you said, the 9/16 should be fine, but if you want it to ride/feel like a solid axle get the 11/16.

·
Registered
29 Posts
thanks. i have one more question like you said the 11/16" "can slide on anything" does it make it that it will always slide when going around a turn, or it will slide when you want it too slide (no surprises). i cant compare to a solid axle cause i have been riding IRS my whole life.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Ah.

Well, if you take a turn with any speed and at least 1/4 throttle it will usually slide with a 11/16"s. On mine with the 9/16 in grass and dirt and stuff I still have to shift my weight way inside and gas on it. On gravel and hard dirt I can slide without really trying.

Lots of people said the 11/16" bar caught them by surprise the first time they rode with it. They would go into a corner like they normally would and would find themselves turned around.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Ah.

Lots of people said the 11/16" bar caught them by surprise the first time they rode with it. They would go into a corner like they normally would and would find themselves turned around.
Dont scare him off! I just found the 11/16" to be SWEET! I could corner all most with twice the speed, as before. No push no inside tire lift, just flat flying a round the turns.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It really comes down to rider preference. I personally don't like the 11/16 but I love the 9/16.

The only real way to know is to try it and see.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My personal experience with the 11/16 bar is that it makes sliding very easy but still predictable. With either of them you will have to ride it once or twice to be fully comfortable with it but it is the same way with anything new.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
thanks. i have one more question like you said the 11/16" "can slide on anything" does it make it that it will always slide when going around a turn, or it will slide when you want it too slide (no surprises). i cant compare to a solid axle cause i have been riding IRS my whole life.
I have the 11/16" and its awesome. Without it there was body roll and front end push. After the install it made the XX WAY more predictable like a SRA quad. Because you can handle and slide so much easier it makes the XX feel lighter because the rear tires break free easier rather than gripping and wanting to flip you. I haven't had any issues with the ride, I still find it as smooth as the day I bought it. I fly over rough terrain like a caddy. I'm sure either sway bar will be awesome but the 11/16" isn't bad at all, I couldn't tell you how it compares to the 9/16"... Sorry!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts