Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I'm in need of tire help.

Background - Received a 2008 TRX700 Black for a debt of $1800 three days ago. Two problems with the bike that I need to get rectified prior to me selling it.

A- Rear tires are basically slicks.
B- Rear right (if you are sitting on the bike) upper a-arm is a bit tweaked giving the rim/tire an unsatisfactory camber.

My main question follows. What size rear tires can I mount on the stock rims OTHER than the stock size tires? I searched the forum but have not used a forum such as this before so I may be doing it improperly, or not effectively enough.

Basically, I want to put some cheaper tires on the bike to get it sold to recoup my money. However nearest dealer says they are not tires that are currently stocked as far as he knows with his dealership, or any other in our area. Also, the nearest dealer is 2.5hrs away and WILL NOT take a credit card over the phone.

If you do not want to help because I could have found it in a search, I understand.

However, if you would not mind telling me sizes that will fit this rim and brands it would be GREATLY appreciated. I would love to keep it in the 150 ball park but do realize that may not be possible.

PRICES would also be great.

Thanks for the help, and again sorry that I could not locate it myself if it has been covered numerous times.

Best

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Nash04 and vfm2010 both have good answers and I don't disagree with them in any way. However, since you are planning on selling the quad, I'd go with the tire that best fits the type of riding available in your area for your potential buyers. The last thing you want a potential buyer to think they have to do is replace tires after they buy. If you select correctly, they will see that the quad already has THE right tire for the riding in their area.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

In spite of the issues, you should be able to unload it pretty quickly for more than the debt owed you. Do you have a title for it? Where are you located? (I may be interested if you're close enough)

I second the Maxxis tires.

As far as the rear a-arm you have two choices:

1. The dealer
2. (My guess) Wayne Matlock, he's a member here and may have some extra parts laying around.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
528 Posts
if scuzz doesnt want it i may be interested in purchasing it as is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum!

In spite of the issues, you should be able to unload it pretty quickly for more than the debt owed you. Do you have a title for it? Where are you located? (I may be interested if you're close enough)

I second the Maxxis tires.

As far as the rear a-arm you have two choices:

1. The dealer
2. (My guess) Wayne Matlock, he's a member here and may have some extra parts laying around.

I do have all of the paperwork for the bike. I will snap some pictures in a bit and put them up. However, this think is no spring chicken. You can tell he rode it, but what is to be expected right?

The rims were painted black so I quickly stripped them back to factory machined finish. Other than that it is in very good shape. Front tires are Maxxis Razrs so I believe I will take you all on that advice. Might as well have a matching set.

Also, is it beneficial for a sale to keep the aftermarket parts like taper pro bars and g-grips in place? Or will it be easier to just sale them separate?

Oh, the bike is in Mobile, AL.

Thanks for the info guys,

Best

·
Registered
528 Posts
its easier to sell it with the parts unless somebody on the forum wants them. please post pics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah,

I have the front left fender also, but it was off in the pic because I was polishing off the bike last night.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, the previous owner trimmed the front portion to create to separate fenders. I will take additional pictures to show what I mean.

<--- LOL Just saw your response

·
Registered
528 Posts
what is your asking price as is?

·
Registered
528 Posts
what about as is with the current tires? my girlfriend is looking for one......theres another $5 lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you are serious I can come up with a #, but you can not ride on these tires. One has a crack that leaks air out pretty seriously.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts