Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I recently had to purchase a new hard drive for my other laptop and now I need a new operating system. Which one should I go with? The laptop had Vista Home Premium 64 bit which was ok, but would I be better off with XP or windows 7? I haven't had any experience with 7, but had XP on my first laptop and thought it was great. Tigerdirect has windows 7 home premium 64 bit on sale right now for $99.99.

Please help me out, I've been using my daughters laptop and need to get my own back.

John

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
i had vista home premium and changed to windows 7 but windows 7 is vista with better features and is less of a resorce hog i would go with 7 any day

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yup, Windows 7 works great

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, ordered it today and it should be here Thursday. Hopefully everything goes smooth, if not I'll have 100 more questions for you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
windows 7 has been known to deplete laptop batterys faster than XP and Vista, just a heads up.

·
Registered
446 Posts
your laptops battery life in windows 7 will not last as long as the same laptop with XP on it, it's a known bug they've been working on for a while, but have yet to fix. So i guess what I'm saying is if you have windows 7 on a desktop you will not know the difference, but on a laptop the battery life will be shorter than if you ran the system on XP.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to thank you guys again for the help. Just got done installing windows 7 on my laptop and everything is working great. Its going to take some time getting used to it but I look forward to all the improvements.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.