Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i changed my oil like 3 weeks ago. this past weekend i was out riding and i noticed that oil was coming out of the dipstick..so i changed the o-ring. but then i went riding today and it started leaking the same..would it be that i have to much oil in there that its buiding pressure?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
My buddy put too much oil in his Raptor once and said the same thing was happening to him. I believe our quads take 1.9 quarts but I’m sure someone a lot smarter than me will chime in on this for you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
1.9 is what the service manual says

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i put something like that on and i ran it for a little while so it can go back into the filter and then i put some more cause it needed more then now this is happening...

·
Registered
258 Posts
im not sure what the go is between quarts and litres, but i know mine used 1.8 litres, and i got a feeling (havnt read the manual in a while) you supposed to let the bike sit for 5 min after runnig before you check the oil level

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Check your oil as per the manual.
Your most likely over filled and need to read the manual for the proper way to check your level. Remember this is a dry sump system.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I usually put 2.1 litres in at oil change . Never had any issues. 1.8 in the oil tank and 300ml poured into the head through the rocker cover.

·
Registered
437 Posts
if all else checks out see if there is an oil screen that could be plugged....hopefully u havent been starving the engine of oil....and i don't remember if the XX has one my Supermoto bike does....worth lookin into

·
Registered
258 Posts
there is a screen, its at the bottom of the tank on the side near the rear brake, i think its held in by 2 5mm allen keys

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't see where you mentioned checking the level, is the level between the marks on the dipstick? When you changed the oil, did you pull the drain plugs from both the engine and oil tank? If you only pulled one and then refiled with almost 2 quarts it would be overfilled.

Doug

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when i changed the oil i took the oil tank drain bolt off, the crankase one, and the side one where the filter is.... did i miss another one.??

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
when i changed the oil i took the oil tank drain bolt off, the crankase one, and the side one where the filter is.... did i miss another one.??
No. you got them all . Check youre breather lines are not crimped and check youre dipstick is not cracked.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Kind of weird that it's coming out from the dipstick, especially if it's installed properly, never heard of oil coming out from a close thread screwed in securely. Is your dipstick cross-threaded? this would make more sense. Was it hard to uninstall/install?

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's probably just over filled. I did it to my bike once but you might want to fix it soon. It was doing exactly what your describing I had a seal leek shortly after my dad(harley master tech) said the pressure was to much but I dunno if that's what really caused it. I know ill ever do it again though lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the dipstick goes in and out with no problem.. at first i thought it was the o-ring getting bad but i changed it and it wasnt the problem...hopefully i overfilled it..havent had time to drain and change oil.. should i change the filter too right away ,,,after 6 rides...???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.