Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
always been a fan of the 700xx as my buddy bought one new (his is a 09 model year). A deal arose i couldnt turn down... so im off to a 3 time friend of a friends to go scoop up this 08... im imidiately putting a push bar on it as that plastic thing just isnt gonna cut it, and eventually id like to fab up a solid rear axle for it. And i know i know... people will say i shoulda just found a raptor... but the deal i got i couldnt turn it down!! and i feel the IRS is a epic fail on the part of honda engineers... i rode my buddies and i didnt like at all how it handled but i loved the power!
my previous quad was a 400ex i bought new in 2000 and i track raced it damn near every weekend.

but heres a little bio on me...
my name is don, 31 live in Bay City, MI. I'm a technician for a company called SC Johnson wax, we make things like ZIPLOC bags and glade candles. im a huge car guy, my baby is a 97 camaro SS vert. it is a 383 stroker with a F1 procharger and fed with nitrous. it was just featured in GM High tech performance magazine.
i cant wait to go buy all new gear and hit the trails!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Does your buddy have a l8ton 11/16 sway bar on his? If not then you should get one. You may change your tune. But congrats either way

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Congrats! A solid axle swap would be a huge undertaking. But, like crash said, a l8ton sway bar will cute you of the desire for a solid axle, anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its in better shape than i had thought!! and it runs great... no valvetrain noise so they must have kept up on the maintenance. it has the regular "ive been rode" scratches and one tiny hole in the back of the seat... i guess i cant bitch since i paid... 1600 dollars!! cant wait to start dumping money into it :) and my 3year old loves it!! i just got home with it and put him infront of me and idled around the yard, he was all smiles.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
its in better shape than i had thought!! and it runs great... no valvetrain noise so they must have kept up on the maintenance. it has the regular "ive been rode" scratches and one tiny hole in the back of the seat... i guess i cant bitch since i paid... 1600 dollars!! cant wait to start dumping money into it :) and my 3year old loves it!! i just got home with it and put him infront of me and idled around the yard, he was all smiles.
$1600 ! , you just upset alot of members ! :lmao:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh my buddy who bought his new was pissed!! but sometimes life throws you a curve ball... and i was there to take advantage HAHA

·
Registered
821 Posts
If you wanted solid axle, I still would of bought a raptor. You are going to have some money in the rea to get it to a sra bike. And the engineers in my book didn't have an epic fail, they built one of the best atvs ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
after cruising around for a day on it it definitely needs some serious help out back... so im gonna order a L8ton bar and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I'd get the thick one, the 11/16" bar. The other thing that seems to help is putting 6 ply tires on the back, once the stock junkers wear out.

Seriously, though, you'll probably decide that the IRS has plenty of advantages, just give it a bit of time.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
$1600 is a steal of a deal. Be worth that not running. Good luck with your axle deal, and I will buy you irs parts as soon as available. Unless your trying to break even on the quad for them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
remember to roll into the corners and power out of , the more throttle you give it going into the turn the more it will push, let the front tires do their job .it takes some time to get used to, but once you do you will not wanna get on another SRA . BTW i tightened up my front shocks abit too. if you lift up on the front end the shock extend past the springs, I tightened up the collars to take up the slack.. put it on a hydralic jack lift it up,you will see what i mean.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts