Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,
I called Foremost, which is my motorcycle insurance they wouldn't give me a quote/refused, I made the mistake of telling them my kids may ride quads. I am hopefully going to buy two quads both 2008 Trx 700 , and TRX 250.

I live in NJ then called Rider insurance they stated $220 for 700 and $180 for 250. Please tell me what insurance is needed and where or who you would recommend to buy it from.

I know this, I will not tell them anyone under 14 is riding the quads.

Thanks,
Birdster

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use USAA, and also live in NJ.... they qouted me for my trx it was 218 for the year. but thats full coverage, like if i'm out and someone steals it that kind of thing. Then the whole death or accidental dismemberment is included etc..

·
Registered
537 Posts
I called my Allstate agent for a quote on 700 and they said it was going to be over $1200 a year!!! I called Nationwide and they were a little cheaper at $900 and Geico was right between the two at $1000. I called State Farm and they gave me a quote of $153/year for FULL coverage!!! That's collision, fire, theft and all!! The agent said it does not matter what size the engine is, it all comes down to replacement price.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Wow! Geico quoted you that high, I'm insured with Geico and only paying 120 but that was last year price when I had my car with them, need to see what they're going to charge me this year but I do also have a motorcycle license and have been thru the motorcycle training course, that might make a difference.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I also have a motorcycle license, motorcycle training, and a squeaky clean record for the last 7 years and no accidents in 10 years!! It just depends on the insurance company. The weird thing was that I had insurance with Allstate (house, 2 cars, and motorcycle) and they still gave me an ultra sh!tty rate!! So needless to say I have switched everything over to State Farm.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I use progressive. Its 351 a year for full coverage on the XX, Teryx, and Prairie. I also have my boat insurance with them which makes a difference.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I called my Allstate agent for a quote on 700 and they said it was going to be over $1200 a year!!! I called Nationwide and they were a little cheaper at $900 and Geico was right between the two at $1000. I called State Farm and they gave me a quote of $153/year for FULL coverage!!! That's collision, fire, theft and all!! The agent said it does not matter what size the engine is, it all comes down to replacement price.
Hmmm, I have allstate and they charge me around 700/Yr for my raptor and an LT-R450....I wonder why the big diff in $$$.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Progressive quotes you out through a bunch of different companies, I believe I had progressive/Foremost ins. They cancelled me for some unknown reason though

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have American Family Insurance, $148 per year, full coverage on my 2008 700xx. I think I get a small discount for having more than one vehicle covered (also have a car on the policy), but either way I couldn't argue with that price.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Did most of you get the insurance for the theft insurance? or do you need it for in case of injury? just curious as I been bouncing back & forth on whether or not to get it?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I actually have Foremost... bought it from the dealer last year when I got my XX... 216... this year, i'ts 118 for the year/Full Coverage

·
Registered
183 Posts
ive got full coverage (theft/liability/comp) through state farm for $14/mo... so like $170 a year. i think thats 200k/100k/500 in coverage, forget how the numbers are represented. state farm rocks. i pay $160/mo for full coverage on two new cars, homeowners, a life insurance policy, and the trx. geico was the most expensive quote i have ever gotten. USAA denied me after saying i didnt have a long enough credit history (even though im 26, own my home, etc)... ive only heard horror stories from those two companies, even if you are military or a government employee.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i just added coverage on my xx, $61 per year, covers theft, vandalism, fire, ect, basically anything that wasnt self inflicted (doesnt cover damage from riding). i recommend the coverage since it equals out to less than $6 per month....ya never know...

·
Registered
538 Posts
wont be long and we'll all have "medical coverage", youll have to cancel that insurance to afford the taxes you'll have to pay

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Did most of you get the insurance for the theft insurance? or do you need it for in case of injury? just curious as I been bouncing back & forth on whether or not to get it?
Shovelhead, I get it for a few reasons, none of them being injury, as in that is why I have health insurance. 1. theft, it is my main reason. I witnessed 3 guys steeling one of my old wheelers out of the back of my truck in WAL MART, funny story. 2. property insurance (I.E.) if you are out riding one someones private property and destroy something, it can help pay for it if they try to sue you, and 3. for fire.

I use Nationwide for all of my toys except for my crotch rocket. For the 700xx I pay $118 a year, full coverage with $250 deductible on comprehension and collision. I think total with my dirtbikes and fourwheelers I pay $474. I tried USAA when I was in the military, they wanted $1600 for everything, progressive $1200, and Geico $3600 (and another $2000 for my rocket). If you just shop around, you can find a good deal. It is easier to call I think to get a quote, and always say you are going to be the primary driver. Every company evaluates everyone differently.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts