Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the big 3 will be completed once i get a uni air filter ( in a week or so ) and i was wondering what performance mods should be looked at next ?

i have been thinking about rims and flexx handle bars next but are their any other hp helping mods i could do out side of engin work ?

and any one with a dobeck and the big 3 what settings are you running at ?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was running 2, 4, 4 on mine b4 the pcIII and I'm at 984 or so feet, but always check ur PLUG!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
i would love to check my plug but i cant get the freakin plug cap off......
Try twisting back and forth it and pullin up at the same time. And as for the 13t sprocket u will lose top speed, but if u dont ride techinal trails u'll be ok with the 14t.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
^^^^ LOL sounds DANGEROUS!!!!!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i actually spend alot of time in 5th gear as my friends live acrost town and i do ride alot of paved roads

ya i do need a leatt...... but what else can be done to the xx after the big 3 to make it wake up even more ?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yeah, but even with a 13 tooth i still did 68 easy and I bet I have a hundred pounds on you easy. I think you're selling yourself short for what would make out to be a few mph.

I agree with Gary! The advantages gained I feel outweight the small sacrifice of top speed!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I know a lot of people seem to like the 13 tooth front sprocket, but I do not see any need for it in the type of riding I do. I think first gear is to short as it is. I have even ridden some moderately technical trails and was fine with the 14 tooth front. I guess it just depends where you are riding, but I would never go to a 13 tooth front sprocket.

As far as your next mods, I would go with suspension, new front shocks along with either new rears or at least revalve the rears to save some money. I know it is expensive, but I really feel the stock 700XX front suspension is pretty bad, I know it holds me back. I really think that the suspension can be greatly improved on the 700XX. You can have all the power in the world, but if your suspension is holding you back, you can not use all that power anyway.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
After seeing Hawk's mudding pictures I would just get some tires! 13 tooth sprocket will definitely help with acceleration but so would some nice tires. You're tires are so bald that you would definitely feel a difference in acceleration when you're hooking harder and you wont sacrifice top end. I put some meatier tires on and I love how hard the front end hooks and now the front end comes up since I'm hooking so hard in the rear. I know this isn't a HP mod but you'll like what you find!!!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol those tires arnt balled yet... they will last till winter time, or untill i reduce them to slicks lol.... i do have some 23-7-10 razrs sitting in the gurage

iam not sure on the 13t my self eaither

what about a cam ?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ask Bo, aka velociraptor, what cam he recommends.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
lol those tires arnt balled yet... they will last till winter time, or untill i reduce them to slicks lol.... i do have some 23-7-10 razrs sitting in the gurage

iam not sure on the 13t my self eaither

what about a cam ?
I for sure think a cam is a good idea! I would talk with Matt fasig aka fastech. He'll for sure have some good ideas for you!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how hard are cams to do, do they make "plug and play " cams i dont have to have any other supporting engin work

1 - 20 of 56 Posts