Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between using that three bond stuff the manual recommends compared to the copper gasket maker stuff from autozone which i already have?

Its for sealing the cylinder head cover to the head. Thanks

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
fhibbs12,
I'm not so sure about the copper gasket material from Autozone. I would recommend holding both materials and looking at the suggested usage on both items and especially the ingredients, temperature range, water resistance and so-on. Is this the valve cover or the barrel to the top of the engine? It is a little unclear to me. Also Is this a Honda or?? If it is a Honda I am almost certain that they use "O" rings not sealant. Not sure about the barrel to the top of the engine.
A little more info would be great.
Sid

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The meeting between the cylinder head and tne cylinder head cover doesn't have a gasket. It uses a liquid sealant that forms a gasket.

Yes 08 xx

·
Registered
481 Posts
I had a lotus and rebuilt the engine some years ago.. It all went together with liquid sealat.. The idea behind it is that there is zero tolerance, whereas a silicon gasket type instant gasket will always add some thickness and therefore not zero tolerance..
not the easiest stuff to find !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts